Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: diableavecargent ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:00PM

For the entertainment of it? I looked up the meeting place, and it appears to be in a school. Would you go if you were here? I'm somewhat interested in seeing how many black Africans go, and if they glorify god, despite the priest hood thing and all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thinker ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:03PM

Oh I would go in a heartbeat! It is the chance of a lifetime! What are you doing in East Africa???

Date: July 14, 2012 12:05PM

Work. I'm in Mombasa. For a few weeks.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:08PM

Yes. I would go. I'm so curious. Let us know what it was like if you go.

Too bad it's not fast and testimony meeting. You could get up and talk about the Journal of Discourses. You could tell them what it is, how interesting is, and where to find it. You don't have to go into detail about what's in it.

I suspect if the Africans knew what was in the JoD that would be the end of the church in Africa.

Posted by: thinker ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:08PM

WOW! There is an LDS ward in Mombasa!? You have to attend and report back to us...it will be fascinating! What time does it start?

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:13PM

Definitely go!

Date: July 14, 2012 12:43PM

10:00 am. Funny that a city of 2 million has one meeting time. I was talking to my driver and he mentioned it was ramadan. I asked what he knew about the Mormons, and would he like to know more. Just kidding about the like to know more. It was great he never heard of them, nor saw a missionary on a bike in the iconic white shirt and tie. I guess the franchises are not taking off here, or the marketing arm is ignoring this market for now. I prophesy that as the economy improves, so will the missionary effort here.

Date: July 15, 2012 03:17AM

The Lord's maps are all f$cked up. I looked up the meeting location on the LDS.morg website. Had my driver take me to where it said it was on the map.... and nothing. I drove past a really cool park that I will need to revisit, but there was nothing of a church there. That's too bad. We drove around a bit, he was thinking I was looking for the JCC (Jesus Celebration Center), however I had no interest in taking in a new religious experience in a place so foreign to me. That would probably overload my senses. Maybe if I was here longer, and was more in the mood for religious entertainment that I'm not familiar with. I was looking forward to it.

Posted by: brian ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 12:49PM

Go without hesitation. Return and report.

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 03:20PM

+1

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.