Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 08:45PM

The whole dream was about people being abused & bullied by the cult, & trying to leave. In the dream, resignation didn't exist. Finally, near the end of the dream, I was at this woman's house, & her stake president was threatening her with so much crap if she didn't go back, & I finally stood up & said to him, 'Why do you just fuck off!' The weird part was that he looked just like Donald Rumsfeld.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 14, 2012 08:47PM

Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 08:50PM

Hahaha, that's cute. I love dreams. Maybe that discretion vs speaking your mind thread did something for you.

Date: July 14, 2012 10:15PM

Posted by: SayHi2Kolob4Me ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 10:30PM

I dreamt that the Activity Girls leader called to tell me about what days the activities are and hoping my daughter would start coming again.

I recognized her voice and said "Is this Leslie Mann?" and she said yes and that she and her husband, Judd Apatow, were new to the ward and how much they're looking forward to getting to know everyone.

So, I decide I'm going to let my daughter go to the activities again and everyone is shocked and I'm saying to them, "Don't you get it? It's Leslie Mann!" and they're like, "who?" and I keep explaining and no one cares.

It's so funny because it's not like I care so much about Leslie Mann but in my dream I was willing to let my daughter be exposed to the church just so I could hang out with her and Judd.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: July 14, 2012 10:59PM

I dreamt that my nutty TBM mother told me that, according to the LDS gospel, members have "monkey fungus" in their eyelids, which substance creates "prophecies and premonitions."

Date: July 14, 2012 11:43PM

Posted by: FormerLatterClimber ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 01:33AM

That sucks, I know just what you mean. I have often had dreams that feel like nightmares, but when I repeat them to someone else, they don't seem as bad. It helps to try and figure out what your dreams (subconscious) are telling you. That's where the real problems of life get worked out. What do you think it meant?

Date: July 15, 2012 01:52AM

Well, I have always wanted to tell a priesthood leader off. lol

Seriously, I think it was telling me that I can't run & hide from all this cult bs. That I have to face it all head on. & that's what I've been doing, for years. Because I really think that the cult was something bad that happened to me, despite being BIC, instead of thinking of it as something I was a part of, it's easy for me to just shove it all into the back of my mind. & then all of a sudden it's in the forefront because of the TBMs in my life, or the fact that there's an Institute building across the street from my college, or something like Prop 8, or the fact that Mittens wants to be president.

Posted by: smoteheadofshiz ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 12:54AM

I would probably go to church if it meant being friends with Judd lol.

Date: July 15, 2012 01:06AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.