Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 02:31PM

I'm a fairly intro-spective if not philosophical kinda guy (that's why I did so well as a P.I.)

in thinking, I sometimes wonder how-why mormonism continues to exist, in spite of contrary evidence / lack of supporting evidence...

I think it's partially due to (the Fact?) that genuine Love seems do have been co-opted by Mormonisms extensive (and silly) rules & focus on outward appearances.

What kind of 'religion' would prohibit family members from watching, participating in a wedding of relatives? WHAT would be the rationale for this???

(more)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 02:31PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 02:45PM

I don't think mormonism needs members. It seems about half the membership is imaginary. If the whole membership outside the COB was imaginary it would be far easier to manage. The bulk of the church income is from for-profit business, those in the COB could continue to play church and live quite nicely.

Fill GC with cardboard cutouts, hinged heads, and strings; "Bow your heads and say YES."

Posted by: The Motrix ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 02:54PM

I think you're right - although, the higherupskis seem to like to command people around with stupid rules. If they made enough money, they could just hire people to keep their rules.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 02:59PM

Lostmypassword Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think mormonism needs members. It seems
> about half the membership is imaginary. If the
> whole membership outside the COB was imaginary it
> would be far easier to manage. The bulk of the
> church income is from for-profit business, those
> in the COB could continue to play church and live
> quite nicely.
>
> Fill GC with cardboard cutouts, hinged heads, and
> strings; "Bow your heads and say YES."

they could have the cameras pan the 'audience' from different angles; with the right audio... all the viewers would believe it!

they could tell the 'real' members that there aren't any more seats/tickets available... but tell people that 'stand-by' seating for noshows would be allowed so people would be seen milling about the G & Spacious building!

BRILLAINT!

and, of course, they could still inflate the membership number 'reporting', wards/stakes, etc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.