Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: noah ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 05:31PM

Admin:

You have suggested that I have violated laws. I have not posted ANY links recently of ANY copyrighted movies or any movies AT ALL.

If God can be mocked than ANYONE is fair game. If your legal counsel has suggested that YOU would be liable for ANYTHIG that *I* had posted here, then I would suggest you get a new attorney.

Grow a pair and quit being so damn paranoid.

Do you REALLY think if someone says "Hey do a search on YouTube for and then someone does so that Exmormon.org or ANYONE associated with it could be sued and actually LOSE?

Did your attorney attend BYU Law School? Two of MINE did.

I'm sure you'll delete this post because you can't stand ANYONE not agreeing with you. Well, you're wrong on this one. NO laws have been violated. If you disagree, please refer me to the law that you think I've violated. If not, quit your bitching.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 12:30AM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 05:33PM

Dear Noah:

Go get your own website and then you can say whatever you want.

To be a guest in someone else's home and then complain about them is poor form.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 05:33PM

Agreed. Not cool to attack someone in their house. Their house, their rules.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 05:34PM by fidget.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 05:42PM

Admin is just covering their own ass is all.

Sure, they can be a little heavy handed with the censorship, but I guess it's their prerogative.

I for one, am on the edge of my seat.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 05:43PM

I am personally liable for this web site. No one else!! If the videos stand up to no copyright violations and no other laws broken, we will have permanent links to those. In the mean time, I am protecting myself and my family. I have been doing this site for nearly 16 years and been closely monitored by the church. I have gotten contact from them in a matter of minutes when there have been items that were copyright infringements. We pull those as fast as we can. I have a regular job as an engineer and my wife worries about our safety, physically and financially. I do not have funds to support lawyers to protect me. Please understand.

An example, my sister was fired from her job by her Mormon boss when I started this web site. There was nothing she could do as all the others in the department were also Mormons. They knew she was my sister as I had met those folks a few years earlier when I was a TBM. I am not interested is more Mormon retribution. My sister passed away a couple of months ago. She should not of suffered a job loss because of me. These are ugly people we are dealing with and you are putting me at risk.

Eric

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 05:45PM by Eric K.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.