Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GoneNative ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 07:20PM

A relative whom I'm very close with has been in the hospital for a routine surgery. I told them when they come out and are aware enough to call me because I'm a stress puppy and have avoided getting my wisdom teeth removed for too many years because the smallest procedure causes me anxiety.

Anyway. So I'm eating dinner with my daughter and distracting myself on my iPhone when I get an email from the RS president with my relative in the subject. I open it, curious as to what it says, and its sent to the whole ward and says that my relative is out of surgery and doing well in recovery.

WHAT THE F%&*(? Can someone PLEASE tell me how they get the a-okay call before FAMILY?!

Goddess forbid it didn't go well, would I have had to find that out via email from some lady I maybe met a handful of times?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: story100 ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 07:23PM

Sad Mormon truth: The Ward is the Family.

Posted by: redpill ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 07:26PM

I am glad I was out before email was really big. Just another way for the church to intrude in peoples lives. They probably had the HT or VT standing guard, or maybe a member works there. They know no boundaries.

Posted by: GoneNative ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 07:30PM

Sh!t you're right about a member working there. I just remembered a doc in the ward works on the campus my relative is in.

Fackers work quick because 5min after I got the email a nurse in the recocery unit called me to tell me they were out and okay.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.