Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: truthseeker ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 11:40PM

I saw this on Facebook today and it immediately made me think of everyone here at RfM.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/602422_243706575746808_1334476102_n.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 11:45PM

+100,000

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: July 15, 2012 11:47PM

nice, that is why the morg is so mad right now, because the truth is coming out. TBMs need to humble themselves and accept the truth for what it is, and they would be in a better mood.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 12:03AM

Isn't that the truth. I can think of so many situations where this has been the case.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 12:21AM

If a Mormon read this they would think it applied to them -- "the reason why people don't like us Mormons is that we speak the truth while they are living a lie." In fact I could see this going up on meeting house bulletin boards throughout the world. Right next to the flyer for the "Exploring the Book of Mormon in America’s Heartland" tour.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 12:32AM

love it

Posted by: waner ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 12:38AM

I like that. Thanks for sharing.

I find it funny that some people get rather offended/upset/frustrated by telling them something that is counter to their beliefs(s). For example, "I find no evidence that Joseph Smith was who he claimed he was (e.g. prophet)" or "The Mormon church does not have a monopoly on what is truth" or "The Book of Mormon is just a series of stories and has no basis in reality".

However, if someone tells me that my belief(s) is/are wrong, I don't feel any animosity. I believe this is so because I have reasons for my beliefs that are based on solid/reliable evidence. I am empowered by my beliefs and my beliefs are extensions of my experiences and observations in life. Not a set of beliefs given to me from a religious entity, which would typically have no basis of reality and sort of leave the believer in a position to find reasons and try to discover evidence to fit or contort to their given beliefs. In essence, they are "living a lie".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.