Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Just Once ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 03:04PM

Attended a sacrament meeting yesterday at a ward in one of the Murray Stakes.

The Bishop spoke about how the ward (and the Stake) was currently making an effort to contact every inactive member to see where they stood regarding TSCC.

This, I believe, confirmed the information I reported on last week about the TSCC's new mini-mission (called the Mid-Valley Mission) here in valley and that TSCC is aggresively trying to re-activate as many of the "CURRENTLY NOT PARTICIPATING" members as possible.

He gave a story about successfully re-activating a family, challenged the ward members to get involved in the same and at the end said, "Inactives are as important TO THE CHURCH as new converts were. (a relief society meeting at a different Murray Ward dwelled on the same topic)

This last thing, "Inactives are as important TO THE CHURCH as new converts were" demonstrated the "Mormon Mind Set" that TSCC comes before even God. Otherwise, why wouldn't he say the inactives were as important TO GOD as new converts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 03:12PM

A week ago the ward missionaries in Murray came to me and said they'd like me to come back. Even though I've resigned which makes me mad. I got my final letter. I think the ward still keeps me on like I am a member.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 16, 2012 03:13PM

Posted by: dragwit ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 01:20AM

Wow. You must have been at my "ward". The bidhopric came over last Tuesday to work on us. And I live in Murray.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 01:29AM

I guess the church realized they fooled us once so maybe they can fool us again. However, here is the problem:

Most people don't leave because they are offended so Mormons can fake niceness all day long and it won't make the church true.

You can't erase what we have learned about Mormon history, doctrine and what passes for theology from our brains. You can't unlearn the truth.

Nor can you erase the memory of how badly Mormons acted when we dared to stand up for the truth. Even if I believed in Mormonism, I wouldn't hang out with the members of my ward because most don't bother to live the principles they claim to believe in.

Most of us have found out life is so much better outside the church - that people are kinder and more loyal outside Mormonism. We've found we are happier with more time, more money and more of a chance to be valued for who we are, rather than how Mormon we are.

Put all the programs into place you want - you will get a few stragglers who can't seem to put a life together for themselves outside the strict confines of Mormonism. But you won't get the rest of us because you can't erase our memories. You can't make us forget what we learned. You can't stop us from thinking. Mormons, stick with new converts. They haven't bitten the fruit of the tree of knowledge so they don't see they are actually in the garden naked. The knowledge will kill Mormon growth every time.

Posted by: JL ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 01:37AM

"They haven't bitten the fruit of the tree of knowledge so they don't see they are actually in the garden naked. The knowledge will kill Mormon growth every time."

Amen, and amen.

Posted by: drwal ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 01:38AM

This is so true -- hitting the nail on the head! "Most of us have found out life is so much better outside the church - that people are kinder and more loyal outside Mormonism."

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 04:06AM

I think TSCC's emphasis is away from scriptures, history, and Joseph Smith, and more on emotions. The MTC hardly teaches scriptures at all, but instructs missionaries in sales techniques, manipulation, how to fellowship people, how to make people feel more important and less alone. They teach what to look for in a "golden convert." An inactive is even more golden, because he has felt the shunning, and the loss of his friendships with the TBM neighbors, the loss of family members, etc. If he returns to the fold, all those awful things will stop.

Ha-ha-ha! We have graduated from "inactive" to "less active" to
"CURRENTLY NOT PARTICIPATING." Damn! I hate Mormonspeak. "Currently" means it is temporary and short-lived. Some of us have been resigned for years! "Not participating" implies that we still believe the church is true, but we're pouting in the corner. The subjunctive is a weaker statement. We're currently not participating because we are offended. I am not an "apostate," either, because I have left the Mormon cult to join the original church of my ancestors. My ancestors were the ones who "apostatized" to join JS's cult, and become polygamists.

I resigned
I escaped
I left
I joined another religion
I chose to follow Christ
I rejected
I discovered the truth

I've had people try to persuade me to come back, but not one of them has ever brought up any FACTS (history, scriptures, etc.) I just say No. No--I'm actually less lonely than I've ever been. No--I don't have to belong to a group, just to my self. No--I already have a support system for crises: my children, 911, ER doctors and nurses, The Police, Fire Department, taxi cabs, non-Mormon friends, etc. No--your threats mean nothing because you have no authority. No--I don't want to find a Mormon husband. No--I don't need cookies or dinner brought to me; there's McDonald's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2012 04:18AM by forestpal.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 06:43AM

How many inactives will be thrilled with chapel cleaning duty?

Welcome back! Here's your toilet brush. See you on Saturday.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 07:39AM

Dear Mr & Mrs Stumbling, please will you come back to Church?
We have a calling for you, Visiting and Home teaching responsibilities, some speaking assignments, three hours worth of services that you have heard before on Sundays, a rota where you get to clean the Chapel once every month or two and you can receive all this if you just give us ten percent of your income and change your underwear.
Oh...and you'll be saved in the next life...

Wow, what are we waiting for people....?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2012 07:40AM by Stumbling.

Posted by: Just Once ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 12:59PM

Once again, as mentioned in a previous thread, TSCC is only a "cosumer" (of time, talents and assets) and not a "provider" (except of intangible and imaginary blessings) of anything worthwhile to its members.

Posted by: icedlatte ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 07:50PM

oooh sign me up!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 08:15AM

The morg wants converts and inactives to transform into hyper TBMs. It doesn't value individuals for their humanity. It only hopes to change them so they **might** contribute to the organization.

Posted by: Zig ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 09:23AM

They do this every year. And with it all of the "NO CONTACT" requests are completely disregarded. They will show up on your doorstep unannounced and uninvited. Prepare again to say NO and to reaffirm "NO CONTACT".

And a gentle reminder again: If you are inactive but not resigned the only way to really stop this kind of contact is to have your name removed.

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 09:28AM

I still once in a long great while get a text message from my mom's VT (who I never respond to), but if missionaries start coming over again or if my TBM family try to intervene, I will resign immediately.

Posted by: Redwing ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 09:49AM

Why does everything have to be labeled, divided & compartmentalized in the morg? I guess since it originated with chaos & confusion, the stone just keeps rolling along.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 01:02PM

New members often want to be involved the the church. "Inactives" rarely do. The fact that the church can't recognize or respect the wishes of its former members is just another example of how it is a cult.

Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 01:04PM

Bishop: "Ahem.. well you know, the church is God and Jesus' true gospel. We can use the words "God" and "church" interchangeably because it is the same thing! The church is perfect just like God. Make sense?"

No.. bishop.. I dont understand how something that is interpreted by man could EVER be perfect.

Posted by: deconverted2010 ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 01:55PM

Like I always said while at church: Why waste resources on 'inactive' members or trying to baptise those who don't want to be baptised, instead of taking care of the active ones, because once they leave they'll be gone.

See, had the church kept the janitors instead of asking me to clean the chapel, I'd still be there. Not that I'm complaining, not at all, I'm just saying...

Posted by: nomomo ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 04:52PM

They're running out of people who will put up with their crap. All they have left at this point are each other to pick on. They need entry level MORmONs to do all of the dirty work, toilets, butt kissing, etc. They also need supply for their narcistic needs.

Posted by: ozcrone ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 06:35PM

never understood that case so I thought that was an interesting comment... and your post

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.