Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 04:35AM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 02:03AM by atheist&happy:-).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 04:52AM

Oh, postictal bliss, not postcoital bliss--but that's gotta be a close second! BYU students would often mistake this sexual euphoria as a sign from God that they had found "The One" to marry.

I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this. We had a boy on our soccer team who would have a grand mal during every game, yet he would play as long as he could, knowing it would happen, and he would fall. What courage! He was an inspiration to the other boys, and they loved him. His devoted father was always with him at all the practices and games.

Date: July 17, 2012 05:20AM

Fortunately I have not had secondary generalized seizures for several years, but the smaller SPS are still a huge problem for me. He was certainly brave, and it must have taken a lot of physical energy, and fortitude for him to play, because after a generalized seizure you are incredibly weak for some time. I have to sleep, because I cannot stay awake, and am bedridden for several days from the weakness, head injury, and other injuries.

Unfortunately, I am usually irritable after a seizure, but sometimes I have had that feeling of bliss. It is really awesome. For all the trouble they are, it would be nice to have that outcome instead of having a short fuse, but it rarely happens. SPS & CPS have negatively impacted my life in ways I never planned, but I can live with it, because it is always something I work to improve (it got worse thanks to extreme stress from TSCC, and the sheeple). I know it won't go away, BUT it is not like the morg, which was a PREVENTABLE fraud that negatively impacted my life.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: July 17, 2012 05:22AM

....I recall a documntary which had a section on the so called 'god helmet' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

The results were quite amazing, with the subject describing the effect as something like a religious LSD trip

[although the wiki article says that (at least one group of) researchers failed to replicate the results in a double blind study, so some/all of the effect may be due to suggestion ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2012 05:23AM by EssexExMo.

Date: July 17, 2012 06:06AM

For the last several years I have not been able to read large amounts of material, and need new glasses. Hopefully this year I will get to read again.

The more they find, the more exciting it is. We are closer to understanding these experiences, and this knowledge will help treat neurological conditions.

He published this (above) in 2009, and it involves sensed presence: "Discrete Shifts Within the Theta Band..." - John Nicholas Booth; Michael A. Persinger

"One of the limitations of this study was the small sample size. However, the experiences of these participants were similar to those reported in several other experiments,4,20 some of which were completed under double-blind conditions. In addition, the strongest effect sizes for the association between these experiences and EEG activity involved regions similar to those reported by other experimenters employing different measurements. Although EEG measurements are considered not useful for localization by some researchers, this issue may be less critical if experiences are correlated with electromagnetic matrices involving large cerebral volumes."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2012 06:07AM by atheist&happy:-).

Date: July 17, 2012 07:39PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.