Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tombs1 ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 11:56AM

I have wondered just out of curiosity how many of the Secret Service Agents assigned to Romney are Mormons? When I see him on tv working the rope lines I try to see if I can pick out which ones have that TBM look. Funny thing is that almost all of them have that TBM/returned missonary look (except for the female and bald African Americans) in their suits and conservative haircuts. I have written about this topic before just because I used to want to be a Secret Service Agent and I think that this is interesting? I wonder how many Mormons are in the Secret Service? It has a very high turnover because of the really long hours and time traveling. So it might not be as attractive to TBMs as the other federal agencies like the FBI or CIA. Also I doubt Mitt has been to the temple in a long time and wont go while he is a candidate, but does anyone think he would go if and when he were President? And how would he avoid the media scurnity of it? And if for whatever reason they couldnt find enough TBM Secret Service Agents to go with him, I am sure that they would make an exception and let gentile Agents go with him [they have been leting non members in the Temple for years (food Service Workers, fire inspectors, ect)]. B.T.W. Has anyone met a Mormon Secret Service Agent. Let me know what you think...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tig ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 11:57AM

I know one.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 12:14PM

I think Mitt will go to the temple A LOT if he is elected POTUS.

Why? Well, where else could he go to get secretly debriefed by his Penishood Leaders? Where else could he go to receive his marching orders to transform the United States into a Mormocracy?

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 01:47PM

I think he will go, at least once, just to say, "See, I went in there didn't come out as robot spouting moSpeak." Just, you know, to look more 'normal'.

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 12:18PM

In all fairness, many secret service agents look like return mishies regardless of who they are assigned to protect.

Does Mitt get to choose? Who cares. Their duty is to take a bullet for the people they are protecting.

I think they should be left out of our discussion and a humble thankyou stated for their service. Mitt is not going to be President.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 12:20PM

While Bush 2 was president, my TBM BIL was one of the marines that were assigned to guard him. He got to fly around wherever Bush went. I think you find more mormons in those jobs because you have to have security clearance and mormons tend to be a little more squeaky clean in their records.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 07:07PM

Where else can you get that experience except Scientology and Skull and Bones?

It's the market in action.

Anagrammy

Posted by: rainwriter ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 12:22PM

I imagine that the temple would allow a special session just for him to help keep him safe, if that's what it would take.

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 02:20PM

With his large family, I could totally see the church do a special session just for him and his family or open it on a "closed" day, such as Sunday or Monday.

Probably have the secret service check the temple inside and guard the perimeter with snipers.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 02:26PM

necessary should he choose to stop by. They'd just re-dedicate the building every few minutes as needed.

If he was elected, it would be all about what the church could do for Mitt, not visa versa.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 06:50PM

There was a secret service agent in my ward in SLC

Posted by: Anonymousdeluge ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 09:54PM

I work in Federal Law Enforcement with Secret Service agents. Many look LDS, even thought they are not. Moreover, Secret Service agents are a special breed. Despite the recent media attention, they are very loyal, eager, and follow the rules. Easily mistakable for a missionary.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 10:40PM

I feel sorry for the poor suckers who have to sit through Fast and Testimony Meeting with him.

Do you think their eyes roll back in the heads at the 10th Mormon bursting into tears?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.