Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 06:51PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/17/us/politics/support-for-romney-by-old-mormon-families.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Quote: "To take one concrete measure of their support, records show that roughly two dozen members of Mormon families provided nearly $8 million of the financing for the “super PAC” working to elect Mr. Romney, Restore Our Future, putting them in league with its Wall Street, real estate and energy donors. Prominent Mormons including David G. Neeleman, the JetBlue founder, and Eric Varvel, the chief executive officer of the banking division at Credit Suisse, are on his finance team".

You know, I don't think this is something I'd want to be bragging about right now, especially in the wake of the Bloomberg/Business Week article and increasing ire against the wealthy elites.

Seeing all those wealthy Royal Mormon families back-slapping and congratulating each other, salivating at the prospect of the power and position of one of their own as POTUS, whining YET AGAIN about their poor Mormon ancestors who were persecuted and left out of mainstream America for decades.....all these people proudly pimping themselves out for Romney may find it coming back to bite them in the ass.

And it's no surprise they're all rallying around behind Romney and sticking together:they've been following the Profit for generations.......

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: drwal ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 06:53PM

they've been following the Profit for generations.......

So true.

Date: July 18, 2012 06:56PM

Isn't it just? ;)

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 07:07PM

While much of this article, especially the part dealing with Mormon history, is a puff piece (where much of what is said is false), the portion written about former Utah governor John Huntsman's Presidential run earlier this year, especially the last two paragraphs, is pretty much on target. to wit:

"It is no small thing to Mormons that not one but two of their number were considered appealing contenders for the presidency this year: Mr. Romney and former Gov. Jon M. Huntsman Jr. of Utah.

Mr. Huntsman’s family — including his father, a former lay official in the Mormon Church — had been among those who supported Mr. Romney, until Mr. Huntsman developed national aspirations of his own. But Mr. Huntsman, less involved in the church than Mr. Romney, was unable to tap into the Mormon network as Mr. Romney has been.

Throughout Mr. Huntsman’s primary campaign some on his team reported receiving a subtle but clear signal: This is Mr. Romney’s year."

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 07:08PM

Date: July 18, 2012 08:48PM

Oops, I must've missed that one! Thanks for linking it :D

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 07:15PM

How nice that those special,
high ranking corporate banker mormons
are in Mittlers back pocket.....
said nobody ever...
Um, do Mittler's and the morgs pr departments
REALLY think this will help him look better in the eyes
of the American public?!?
Batshite crazy I tell ya...

Posted by: I believed this once, years ago.. ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 08:03PM

Here is a little poem, composted in Romney's honor from the Wonkette site -

The buck stops:
Over there
Retroactively
Where I say it does
In my Swiss bank account.

Posted by: Poetry fan ( )
Date: July 19, 2012 01:56AM

Posted by: newcomer ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 09:22PM

It NEVER gets old hearing everyday mormons, who leave paycheck to paycheck, talking like multi-millionaires and voting as if they're millionaires themselves.

Romney and Co. just have to be laughing seeing poor mormons supporting them.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.