Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: romy ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 07:02PM

I'm excited to have a letter saying my records have been removed!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Demon of Kolob ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 07:06PM

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 07:17PM

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 07:26PM

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 08:23PM

How long ago did you submit your resignation?

Date: July 18, 2012 08:35PM

I emailed it near the beginning of April and after a few weeks without any response I replied to the message again at the end of April asking for status...a few days later I got the initial letter in the mail with the little please come back pamphlet and a letter saying it would need to be handled by the bishop locally.

I got a letter from the bishop about a month later saying if I didn't contact the stake president within 30 days they would go ahead and remove my records and then about 30 days later I got the final one ( I'm a little late posting about it )

Overall I guess it was just under 90 days total from the initial email to the final letter with no calls or visits from any local leaders.

I already felt so free when I figured out it was all a fraud but getting to say I successfully resigned just makes me a little happier :)

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 09:30PM

I'm jealous. I'm going to do mine soon and I'm going to have it notarized just so there's no confusion as to whether or not it came from me and so they don't have to call me to ask if it came from me. Probably a little overkill, glad you were able to do it by E-mail. Congrats!!! I hate still having my name tied to that organization knowing what it stands for.

Date: July 18, 2012 09:57PM

Mormoney Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I hate still having my name tied to that organization
> knowing what it stands for.

Yep, that is exactly what motivated me to resign. I'm willing to bet they don't care about it being notarized and treat it just the same as they would otherwise but you will have to report back and let us know! I have read people on the board say it was 2 weeks start to finish for them so I think it depends on how quick your bishop gets on it and how bad they care about trying to keep you.

I hadn't been to church in a few years (tho stupidly still believed just about all of it, I was still brainwashed but really never went on Sundays due to just being over the cultural parts of it and laziness) and had been transferred from the singles ward to a family ward - I'm assuming because of my poor attendance - so I had never met or talked to the bishop that was "in charge" of me.

If you have been going and know your bishop they might try harder to keep you around.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 08:26PM

Heartfelt congrats and I hope it's the start of a FANTASTIC life out!

Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: July 18, 2012 09:59PM

Congrats Romy, did Michelle leave with you?

Date: July 18, 2012 10:45PM

lol. It took me a minute to get that!

Sadly, no, Michelle is still a brainwashed TBM!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.