Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: poster ( )
Date: December 15, 2010 09:46PM

I have been thinking about all these propopganda about family values the the Mormon church harps on about in media advertisements and how they hold awards ceremonies in mormon stake centres for non Mormon community members to honour them for promoting family traditional values.The funny thing about this to me is that the Mormon church still extolls former polygamous prophets like Brigham Young and Wilfred Woodrruf as genuine prophets when they taught in their day that you could nor reach the celestial kingdom without practising polygamy.
This is a contradiction with traditional family values.

Is all the propaganda I mentioned above really about preserving traditional families or just a way of distracting attention from the issue of the connection between Mormons and polygamy.
If the church did not harp about family values,people in general would decide that Mormons practise polygamy and treat mormons more like a cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: December 16, 2010 01:03AM

most people already HAVE decided that Mormons practice polygamy (and a lot of other hooey) and treat them like a cult. Nobody thinks the Mormons are paragons of family values virtues, except maybe themselves.

But maybe it's just the part of the world I live in...

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.