Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: openeyes ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 03:40PM

The Mormon Church won't acknowledge in-kind contributions, such as labor, as credit towards tithing so poorer members can get a temple recommend.

Just the same, the public should disregard statistics regarding labor of TSCC's membership and acknowledge only cash donated as credit towards humanitarian service.

Why should TSCC get to have a double standard?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: toto ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 03:43PM

...they accepted in-kind contributions, but then again, a friend of mine also prayed to Heavenly Mother at the start of sacrament meeting once. So, I guess you can't count that place as typical.

I agree about the humanitarian service thing because they're always doing service for their own and rarely for others outside the faith. If they do service outside, it makes headlines like they do it all the time.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 03:51PM

Because they're God's true church.

You are, of course, correct. All they want are the greenbacks. They don't give a shoobop if you help others or do something good for someone else. That doesn't buy an Audi A8 Security. Your volunteerism doesn't purchase Nevada water rights. Alberta cattle ranches aren't swapped for soup kitchen hours.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 04:32PM

This is just a modern aberration. I'm sure they'll go back to the 'good old' ways eventually.

Sep 7,1859 - Salt Lake City clerk records sale of twenty six year old "negro boy" for $800 to William H. Hooper. Until federal law ends slavery in U.S. Territories in 1862, some African-American slaves are paid as tithing, bought, sold and otherwise treated as chattel in Utah.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.