Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: chelseamarie ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 05:32PM

the reasons why i had fun:
achery,i got to sing a song and my friends were their

reasons i didnt like it:
they pretty much mentioned how people dont have the gosple dont have joy in their life, one of the leaders their gave the "stay on the right path talk" and said how she all looks forward to us getting married in the temple
-since it was a stake camp people from differnt wards were mixed togther and their was only 2 fire pits but the ward that was next to use were being total pigs and hogging the fire pit the whole time and when we asked if we could use it they would say were already using it but they had it the whole time!
-this just happened recently on the way back.this other girl in my ward and on of the leaders were talking about how being gay isnt "the right choose in life"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 28, 2012 11:32PM

chelseamarie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they pretty much mentioned how people dont have the gosple dont have joy in their life

That's a very sweeping statement, and one that your leader can't possibly support.

> one of the leaders their gave the "stay on the right path talk" and said how she all looks forward to us getting married in the temple

How about looking forward to everyone graduating from high school with good grades? Or having many of her girls go to college and establishing wonderful, satisfying careers?

I'm glad that some of it was fun, anyway!

Posted by: Ponti ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 10:53AM

It's sickening to see how women are placed in a slot in the church, i.e. stay at home, be sweet, pregnant, and serve in the RS and primary. Pathetic.

Posted by: Anozz ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 10:51AM

I have a number of daughters, who have also come back from girls camp with similar experiences. I'm not gay. I grew up in the church and was taught that being gay was evil. Any gay person I saw - I shunned because I thought they were wrong in some way. Now since leaving the church I realize how silly those belief systems are. I no longer believe that being gay is wrong or evil. I now see gay people in a whole new light. For instance, there's this gay janitor at work. He's a black guy. For the longest time, maybe 10 years, I shunned him, didn't get to know him, stayed away from him, and said very little to him. This forum has helped me realize that being gay is indeed, "not a choice." Nature determines this. In fact, I believe across time, history, societies, and all cultures - usually 5% of the population are gay. In a sense I agree with your leader that being gay isn't a choice, but how dare she say it's not a right - that's bigoted. The church used to be racist against Blacks, and you'd see it interwoven in their talks and teachings all the time. Now it's gays. Glad you are smart enough to see through it.

Posted by: JL (not logged in) ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 12:02PM

I hate it when TSCC keeps telling girls that the most important thing in their lives is to get married in the temple. It is as if that's what they were born to do..and nothing else.

I've seen some very capable, competent, and professional women in various workplaces. Why not just let them choose if they'd like to do with their lives instead of drilling the same way of life into their heads when they are just...teens?

And, I hate it when TBMs talk about homosexuality as a "choice," but never talk about their heterosexuality as a "choice." Double standards much? Well, I guess that has been TSCC's standard practice since its inception anyways.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 02:28PM

Jimmy Osmond thinks you should stay on the right path, too... cuz "Families Can Be Together Forever".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZM9GWH_0uM

In all seriousness, I'm glad you had a little fun at YW camp. I'm even more glad that you're able to see through the indoctrination. Of course people who aren't church members are capable of having joy in their lives. And women can do pretty much anything they want to do and decide if and when they want to have children.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.