Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: partymxman ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 03:40AM

As there are different views on life, I wonder then how we each view our individual effects on the future of our world? Can we change the course of the river of history we flow on? Should we? If we don't effect history, who will?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: July 29, 2012 04:03AM

I think about individuals like Joe Smith and his associates. He changed a lot of lives, unfortunately with lies. But a whole lot of immigrants came over from England. They may of left anyway for other reasons, but how many generations lives were effected by those decisions?

If one person could effect thousands of lives and their hundreds of descendants lives, how might we?

Could our own ideals move masses? What is the responsibility that goes with that?

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 09:13AM

Everywhere you go, everything you do effects the world and it's future, in my opinion.

Date: July 30, 2012 01:43PM

What do you feel you personally contribute?

For myself, I've been building a time capsule for about 30 years; full of world events, my life and family, diaries I've written since 1986.

I have a half dozen disc of family info, (this goes into thousands of names). Genealogy was a hobby of mine way before briefly being LDS. And the histories of each of those cultures, since I'm such a mixed mutt. I check off almost everything on the ethnic polls except African American. I suppose if I wanted to go with the theory that science says, we all go back to Mitochondrial Eve from Africa, I could just check that off as well, lol.

I may even be related to some of the exmo's here on the board for all I know, lol.

What are your projects?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2012 01:45PM by partymxman.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.