Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: puff the magic dragon ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 02:14PM

I showed my husband that map of Book of Mormon geography that someone posted the other day. I had sent it to him via e-mail and he didn't read it. So I was mad because he wants me to spent a lot of time doing his new interest with positive people and influences, but then he never resiprocates with reading anything I send him.

I said come and sit down next to me on my computer because I really need you to look at this. So he stared at it for a few minutes and started coming up with the typical excuses. I think I was in a "quit being stupid and think mode". I told him that but in a very nice way. It must have really gotten to him.

Anyway......I expressed concern with the fact that he is not going to church (LDS, Inc.) for us and wanting to keep his marriage and family intact, but what happens when the kids are all on their own? He told me that his marriage is what is most important to him above all else and in 20 years he would still be sitting with me in church and holding my hand. I got so emotional because I just feel so blessed to have a man who is not so indoctrinated that he feels superior to me. And what a romantic thing to say.

That is another reason why he got really lucky last night. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2012 02:15PM by pamjordanarnold.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.