Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 07:11PM

Back in the Harold Camping end of the world prediction days I had the chance to message on facebook with one of the guys going around posting that the world was coming to an end.

Another thread about a TBM saying they know it is true and won't consider anything else reminded me of this.

I decided it was hijacking the thread, but for your enjoyment here is my interaction with the Harold Camping believer. I see MANY parallels with TBMs and their testimonies:

------------

Me:
I saw one of your posts about judgment day.

I have a real question for you, I'm not trying to be rude. Let's say you are wrong - it gets to be 2012 and none of what you are predicting happens.

What do you do then? Do you still believe the Bible? Do you still follow your leaders that have convinced you of this interpretation of the Bible?

I'm curious...

-----------------------------

Him

The Bible is Truth, I have no doubt that it will happen, there are many proofs and signs. I am convinced myself not by any man but by God. Here is one of the many proofs found in the Bible: 2 Peter 3:8 says:"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 1000 years = 1 day for Jehovah. The Biblical timeline reveals us that in they year 4990 B.C. the floods started upon the earth (Genesis 7:11 "In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.") . Before the floods started upon the earth God gave Noah 7 days to get on the ark. (Genesis 7:4 "For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.") Now Matthew 24:37 tells us: "But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." 7 days God gave Noah to get in the ark. As we know from 2 Peter 3:8: 1 day= 1000 years, so 7 days (time given by God to enter the ark)= 7000 years (time until the coming of the Son of Man since the floods started upon the earth in 4990 B.C.; Judgment Day). Now from 4990 B.C. with exact date(2nd month, 17th day of Hebrew calendar, which translated means 5th month 21st day of our calendar) to 5th month 21st day of 2011 A.D.= 7000 years (4990 yrs+2011 yrs-1 yr)(the year 0 does not count in our calendar, thus we subtract 1). Here is an example regarding the kingdom of God: Luke 17:20 "And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation. 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Here is a sign: Jude 1:7 "Even as Sodom and Go-mor'-rha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." Strange flesh has to do with gay pride; this is now visible everywhere. Judgment Day is right at the doors in about 6 weeks.
For more information from the Bible, go to: http://www.familyradio.com/graphical/literature/frame/ http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21

----------------------

Me:
Yes, I read your website. I don't necessarily interpret the same passages in the Bible the same way you do. For example: where the Bible consistently uses the number 40 as an approximation meaning a long time and used many other numbers symbolically instead of literally I don't know that 1 day to us is 1000 years means exactly to the day - maybe it just means that one of the Lords days is a really really long time compared to ours? Are you too cowardly to answer the question I asked in my first question instead of copy/pasting from the website? So if we are both still here Oct 22 then what? What will you do then? For what it's worth, I highly respect your willingness to try to help the rest of us - I'd imagine your group must feel a lot like Noah did. Really I'm not trying to ridicule you I'm just incredibly curious - I could wait to ask the question until May 22 or Oct 22 but then it would sound like gloating and you would never answer me.

-----------------

Him:
Here is what the Bible says and I believe it. May 21st 2011 will be Judgment Day, there will be a great earthquake in all the world, as it has never been since the beginning of the world. God's elect will be taken up to heaven to reign with God forever. And those that are not will stay on earth to presence 5 months of destruction, and God will anihilate all His creation on October 21st, 2011.

---------------------

Me:
OK, so if there isn't a huge earthquake on May 21st will you answer my questions on May 22nd?

-----------------

Him:
I cannot say "if there is not a huge earthquake on May 21st" (that would be a sign of being an non-believer) because there will be a huge earthquake, we have all the proofs and signs from the Bible. The Bible is completely accurate and it says that all the unbelievers will presence the great earthquake that will happen in 42 days. It will be terrible for those that stay on earth. I do not wish that to anyone.

-------------------------------

Me:
I am impressed by your conviction. How did you become so convinced of this? What was your path to belief?

-------------------------

Him:
I opened my Spiritual eyes 3 weeks ago. I knew about the Bible before, but never really understood it consistenly. I was in the churches, and also read the Bible myself, then I was an atheist for some time, and came back to The Bible. Now I have no doubt that everything written in the Bible is completely by God Himself. As the Biblical Timeline of History has been discovered, it marks the end of times and the coming of Jesus Christ on Judgment Day. This is the Book with the 7 seals that God gave Daniel in a vision, that has been just recently opened in the last few years. http://www.familyradio.com/

--------------------------

Me:
Hi Victor, Just curious what your thoughts and feelings are as the date approaches.

------------------------

Him:
I am waiting for Christ's return eagerly. It is going to happen. The Bible (The Word of God) Guarantees it.

----------------------------

Me: [Late on May 21 - nothing has happened]
So now what?

-------------------------------

Him:
He is coming!

----------

Me: [A couple days later]
When?

[no response]

Me: [Next day]

So do you believe Mr. Camping's new prediction?

[no response]

Me: [Next day]
Hello? You responded 30 minutes before May 21...

[no response]

Me: [Two days later]
Coward

[no response]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2012 07:18PM by bc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 07:12PM

Hahaha he had to go hide in his hole after nothing happened. I hope you sent him something to cuddle with.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 07:18PM

Luckily she didn't sell all her stuff, but she did await the rapture.

I was just like, "Have a good trip."

She still awaits it -- just not on Harry's say so.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 07:19PM

I just noticed on his facebook wall that it says he is now employed by "Jehovah God". Apparently he is still a twoo believer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.