Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 07:22PM

I mean... in a MAJOR WAY, outright giving up on their stated claims/'values', principles, etc.

I'd like to hear other stories before I add mine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2012 07:23PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 08:48PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2012 09:14PM by Samantha Baker.

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 08:51PM

My exit was prolonged and difficult. I had major doubts at first and struggled my way through the teen years until I finally decided. After speaking to the bish one night I rode my bike home. Dad was waiting for me and very upset. I guess he called ahead and let him know what we had discussed which was pretty much that I was having serious doubts about the church specifically and religion in general. That was a fun night and next couple of months.

Posted by: anonymous this time ( )
Date: July 29, 2012 09:14PM

My family had a very rocky stretch when I was a young boy. There was infidelity on the part of both parents, one of them inside the ward with a family friend. Both sought out counseling from the bishop. Within hours the story was all over town. Wild accusations were flying, about drug use, violence, even child molestation. The bishop's wife was the source of most of it. Anyway, the divorce completed, we had to leave the town I grew up in.

Other story. A 1st counselor approached a close family member with a can't-miss investment opportunity. He also approached others in the neighborhood. Several people invested close to $1 million total. The counselor sold them short, made off with a hefty profit. The investors lost their shirts and at least one lost his house. All of this was legal. Obviously none of it was moral. I know this person's name. It's been some time since I last spoke with or saw him. At one time he was a great family friend. Not so much anymore.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.