Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 02:32PM

Ah, so Israel is economically successful because they're Jews and because God likes them, while the Palestinians struggle because they're not Jews. And, while we're at it, the US is successful because, well, we're Americans, while the Mexicans aren't.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/romney-israel-palestine-gdp-culture.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/07/30/1115049/-Romney-defends-insulting-Palestinians-Hey-I-also-said-Mexico-s-culture-sucks-And-Ecuador-s-too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2012 02:34PM by Stray Mutt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 02:41PM

He claims to have read "Guns, Germs, and Steel" although he dismisses its conclusions that economic success is dictated by factors other than culture. He dismisses it as a book by "someone named Jared Diamond".

What a doofus.

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 02:44PM

Just read it in HuffPost not 5 minutes ago. While the article was interesting enuff for a few guffaws, the comments are a gold mine for spot on description of Mo-think. Examples:

"Romney is so conceited and self-centered he lacks the capacity to respect others. "

"This guy is pure ignorance. I don't think he "thinks" before he speaks. You definitely don't go to another country if you are not well informed of their situations."

"Romney seems to value $$$ over CULTURE. It's ironic that he uses Mexico in his analogy because that country has the honor of being named one of the TOP ten countries in the world with the most UNESCO World Heritage Sites. But Romney is not aware of that fact because he only values the BOTTOM-LINE. Romney is ALL ABOUT THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR." (just like the Top 15 at COB)

"Mitt Romney - A Presumptive Presidential Candidate"

Oh, and Mittens has the temerity to cite "Guns, Germs and Steel" as the basis for his "cultural superiority" comment; the book is proof positive that the BOM is historically bogus. I'm sure Mitts missed the irony by millions of miles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2012 02:45PM by charles, buddhist punk.

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 02:49PM

Mitt's comments seem to make reference to the connection between the importance of Israel and mormon theology. Look at what he says about the Sunday school class his son Tagg taught.

Excerpt below:

I recognize the hand of providence in selecting this place. I’m told in a Sunday school class I attended— I think my son Tagg was teaching the class. He’s not here. I look around to see. Of course he’s not here. He was in London. He taught a class in which he was describing the concern on the part of some of the Jews that left Egypt to come to the promised land, that in the promised land was down the River Nile, that would provide the essential water they had enjoyed in Egypt. They came here recognizing that they must be relied upon, themselves and the arm of God to provide rain from the sky. And this therefore represented a sign of faith and a show of faith to come here. That this is a people that has long recognized the purpose in this place and in their lives that is greater than themselves and their own particular interests, but a purpose of accomplishment and caring and building and serving.

[Full text from which the excerpt above was extracted is available here: http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/romney-israel-palestine-gdp-culture.php]

The Mittster's incoherence in Israel is also being discussed here: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2012/07/30/what-am-i-going-to-have-to-vote-for-romney-after-all/

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 02:56PM

Once More Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mitt's comments seem to make reference to the
> connection between the importance of Israel and
> mormon theology.

+1 for you! That was the first thing that came to mind and was going to comment about it.

Posted by: just a thought ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 02:58PM

The perfect storm scenario that puts Mitt in office and screws the world:

1) On September 12th, 2012, the German Constitutional Court rules euro zone permanent bailout fund (ESM) violates existing treaties.

2) Mid-September: lacking German financial support, the value of the euro collapses.

3) Mid-September, the US stock market drops 20% as investors fear credit contagion on world economies

4) October 2012: economic reports on jobs, GDP, consumer sentiment, Q3 corporate earnings all nose dive due to effect of euro zone banking crises and currency collapse.

5) November 6th, 2012: independent voters vote with their pocketbooks and sensing a new economic crises, they kick out the incumbant president.

6) Spring 2013: With the full backing of President Romney, joint Isreal-US forces strike on Iran nuclear facilities. WWIII begins. We are all fucked.

Posted by: a-no-nfor-sure ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 03:46PM

Date: July 30, 2012 03:46PM

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 03:51PM

very possible, sadly...

It's really up to the London bankers at this point. They are the kingmakers. And they seem to wish to attack Iran. If they give the office to Obama, they will still attack Iran.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 10:41PM

You forgot number 7 and 8

7. the world finally learns just how screwed up MORmONISM really is.

8. the world will never forgive MORmONISM for putting a MORmON in the white house.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 02:59PM

Is this the same Mitt who thinks the capital of Isreal is Jerusalem ?

He is starting to make Dan Quayle look good.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2012 03:04PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 03:28PM

He didn't say that because of ignorance, it's a dog whistle to the evangelicals. They want it moved from Tel Aviv and want Armageddon ushered in.

Date: July 30, 2012 03:47PM

Moving the capital to Jerusalem is not just the aim of the Evangelical community, it is also the aim of the London bankers who created and who finance Israel. Mitt cannot win the election without the help of the Zionists.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 04:57PM

hello Wrote:
> Moving the capital to Jerusalem is not just the
> aim of the Evangelical community, it is also the
> aim of the London bankers who created and who
> finance Israel. Mitt cannot win the election
> without the help of the Zionists.

^ The Jerusalem Law states that "Jerusalem, complete and united, is the capital of Israel" and the city serves as the seat of the government, home to the President's residence, government offices, supreme court, and parliament. United Nations Security Council Resolution 478 (20 August 1980; 14–0, U.S. abstaining) declared the Jerusalem Law "null and void" and called on member states to withdraw their diplomatic missions from Jerusalem. The United Nations and all member nations refuse to accept the Jerusalem Law (see Kellerman 1993, p. 140) and maintain their embassies in other cities such as Tel Aviv, Ramat Gan, and Herzliya (see the CIA Factbook and Map of Israel). The U.S. Congress subsequently adopted the Jerusalem Embassy Act, which said that the U.S. embassy should be relocated to Jerusalem and that it should be recognized as the capital of Israel. However, the US Justice Department Office of Legal Counsel concluded that the provisions of the act "invade exclusive presidential authorities in the field of foreign affairs and are unconstitutional". Since passage of the act, all Presidents serving in office have determined that moving forward with the relocation would be detrimental to U.S. national security concerns and opted to issue waivers suspending any action on this front. The Palestinian Authority sees East Jerusalem as the capital of a future Palestinian state. The city's final status awaits future negotiations between Israel and the Palestinian Authority (see "Negotiating Jerusalem," Palestine–Israel Journal). See Positions on Jerusalem for more information.

Date: July 30, 2012 05:01PM

7. Russia still backs Syria, thence Iran, which enters the fighting on a limited basis.

S. Srabia: Not sure where to place its markers.

World Panics, but as usual, earnings & stocks of munitions makers SOAR; unemployment in near 0, so workers gain in spite of wage controls implemented.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 05:48PM

Actually, I believe that Bush II and Clinton both said that Jerusalem, undivided, should be the capitol of Israel...

Pandering... Nothing more, nothing less...

If the Mittster starts a war, does he lose his temple recommends?

Posted by: gnosticguru ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 10:25PM

mtgrizzly Wrote:
> If the Mittster starts a war, does he lose his
> temple recommends?

No--when the Iraq war started, Hinckley spoke in conference about how we should all support it. Not only that, anyone opposing the war "may be held accountable". The brethren are Zionists, only their goals are to convert all the Jews to Mormonism and restore New Jerusalem/Zion.

Mittens will be promoted to the returned lord's right hand man, for playing his part in bringing on Armageddon. That's what the fundy nutcases are hoping for. The Zionists want WWIII and total domination.

Date: July 30, 2012 10:41PM

> Mittens will be promoted to the returned lord's
> right hand man, for playing his part in bringing
> on Armageddon. That's what the fundy nutcases are
> hoping for. The Zionists want WWIII and total
> domination.

Yes, this is what I think too.
It would solve the problem of a geriatric profit.
Mittler could be crowned as potus, profit, and king of the world....
Just. Like. Joe. Smith, ( minus the POTUS part).

Mittler scares the ba-jaysus out of me.
These folks in SLC are batshit-cray-cray.

Reminds me of Germany before wwII.
Thule society, behind the scenes cloak & dagger crap,
the villification of a "subversive" class of citizens, etc....

LD$INC. wants a global theocracy, and to bring about WWWIII.
They see it as necessary to usher in the millenium.

People should be afraid of Mittler winning the presidency,
VERY afraid....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2012 10:41PM by freenow.

Date: July 30, 2012 03:19PM

"Super-callous-facile-richie-Romney-Mitt's-atrocious" attributed to blog reader, duvachristopher

Mormonism taught Mitt that what you say doesn't have to make sense. And if you can take a $77,000 tax deduction for your dancing horse, and you have good hair, you are even less likely to be required to make sense when you speak.

Date: July 30, 2012 03:44PM

Yes, the Palestinians struggle because they're not Jews. If they were Jews, they would have full citizenship in Israel. Because they are not Jews, they are third class citizens in Israel, and they are subject to the racism, bigotry, genocidal violent oppression and aggression of the Jewish leadership and wider community.

Date: July 30, 2012 04:30PM

Some of Israel's economic success is due less to the "culture" Mitt touts and more to the $100 billion the U.S. has given Israel in aid.

The pictures Mitt paints are always a little out of focus.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 04:44PM

Never mind the real (racist) meaning of what he said. He really is a giant gaping asshole.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 04:51PM

I used to think that Mitt would be better off if he denounced Mormonism. I am now convinced that Mormonism would be better off by denouncing Mitt ;o)

Posted by: Mårv Fråndsen ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 05:47PM

We all live in the Americas. Further, Mexico happens to be located on the North American continent.

Oh well, we all know what you meant. For some reason the Promised Land only extends south to the Mexican border, but Canada is included.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 05:50PM

It's the beer and the snow at Whistler, eh...

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 07:26PM

Now Mitt is saying he didn't mean to offend the Palestinians. So what would he have said if he had wanted to offend them? How could they not be offended?

Mitt seems to misspeak every time he says something. It would be a long four years if the president has to give two different versions of everything he says.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 08:19PM

Not only does it apply to only the USA, it apples only to certain types of US citizens -- the ones who vote Republican. ;^)

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 08:23PM

"Superior culture" is to steal land by force or threats of violence, "inferior culture" is to be robbed of your means to sustain yourself. I guess might make right afterall.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 08:31PM

The man has a tin ear.

Seriously,he can't be trusted to be off script (or even on script) running around loose as a diplomat.

Posted by: lucky ( )
Date: July 30, 2012 10:36PM

Stray Mutt Wrote:
> Ah, so Israel is economically successful because
> they're Jews and because God likes them, while the
> Palestinians struggle because they're not Jews.
> And, while we're at it, the US is successful
> because, well, we're Americans, while the Mexicans
> aren't.

But remember, Gordon Hinckley said that MExicans can dramatically improve their lot in life, by giving up poor endeavors such as chicken farming and going into the junk/scrap/ salvage business instead. Its all written down in the Offical LDS INC book of Gordon BS Hinckley's official teachings!

then, after going into the junk business, Maybe Mexicans can earn enough money to pay enough tithing to finally turn their skin white , as per the promises of SPencer Kimball!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww3BGFhGbMA

Date: July 30, 2012 10:44PM

Somedays I think that there just CANNOT be any more
crazy shite in the Mormon cesspool.
And every time I reach that conclusion,
I learn something new.

Date: July 30, 2012 10:36PM

Rmoney Foregn Relations is scarier than the Domestic aspect.

I can hear the back-room chatter about his 'European Vacation'

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.