Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 10:06AM

My DH and I are having a great time being exmos! We just got back from a week in the Caribbean with 4 TBM friends. Everything went well, they are truly great friends. So far, all of our friends have been, acquaintances are a different story; one stinker in that bunch so far, but we've not really told anyone yet.

We are off on another vacation for a week, just DH and I, then back to real life and setting up a new routine without church on Sunday.

Our 16 yo son (3rd of 5) is determined to stay active. Our oldest is a newlywed, and RM just 6 months ago. He and his wife are active for now, but did not have a temple wedding (her family are nonmembers). The other three boys are coming with us on our exodus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 01:14PM

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 01:18PM

Good for you. Glad things are working out.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 01:21PM

I'm happy for you.. and a bit jealous because my wife is still TBM.

Date: August 19, 2012 02:53PM

From what I understand, I'm a quick study. :D

My hubby calls me his research pit bull.

Posted by: hope ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 03:00PM

I'm happy for you. You two seem like a match made in heaven. :)

Date: August 19, 2012 03:02PM

It really feels like heaven, which is rather ironic, dontcha think?

Posted by: inmoland ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 03:20PM

I'm so happy for you. Having read your story, it warms my heart every time I see a post from you.

Glad you got out in time for vacation; I'll bet the Caribbean was much more fun without the Gs!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 03:21PM by inmoland.

Date: August 19, 2012 04:06PM

The Caribbean was much, much cooler with no G's. I might be wishing for them on the Alaskan cruise, though. ;o)

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: August 19, 2012 09:24PM

Niiiiiice!

Keep setting a good example for that 16-y.-o. He'll come around in time.

Date: August 19, 2012 11:30PM

Oh, we are! Feeding him bit by bit.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: August 20, 2012 12:37AM

I think your timing for leaving was very good. It's giving you a huge break away from not just mormonism, but everything for a while. It's giving you a time and place to try out your new wings without worrying about who you're going to run into at the store or the kids school.

Once you are home and getting back into everyday life you will have some time and space between active and not active. Being on this site will give you a heads up about some of the things that may happen down the road. I think you will be better prepared than most.

You may have some difficult time with your kids. When my kids were older teenagers I had to daily remind myself that my job was to love them. I had already taught them most of what I knew about how to maneuver through life. There came a time when I realized we were all learning how to transition from mom/child to mom/adults. Biting my tongue became a new skill for me. I hope all of your new transitions go well for you. You have a lot of life changes coming your way all at once.

Date: August 20, 2012 12:55AM

Mia, you are right about the timing. It seemed the worst timing in the world, right before our som's wedding. In reality, because we were on the verge of an 8 week vacation/sabbatical, it gave us plenty of time to spend searching together, and a break from real life.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: August 20, 2012 01:17AM

You saved your boys just in time!

Ana

Posted by: Energizer Bunny ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 02:28AM

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 03:31AM

Hi twojedis! Great to hear from you. I am glad all is well with you and sounds like you guys are having a blast. Be safe!

Posted by: iris ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 03:38AM

Good to hear. Hope your 16 year old comes around.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 06:28AM

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 09:12AM

Thanks for the great news. We need to show the world that we are happy and prosperous without the LDS church.

You showed TBM's that you can hang in close proximity for an extended period of time without being the screaming, bitter, angry, baby burning anti-mormon that the profits have made you out to be.

How about that!

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 11:54AM

Good for you girlie!

Although I can't imagine a Caribbean vacation with a bunch of Mormons! (We are regular cruisers). You know that acronym: NSFW? Well my regular activities in the Caribbean are definitely NSFM (Not safe for Mormons!).

Anyway, it sounds like your family is doing fine. I'm happy for you - I'm sure even the Mormon guy will come around eventually.

;o)

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 05:59PM

Thanks for the update! I'm glad that things are going well for you and your family.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 06:43PM

Pssst... This is from 2012 folks.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 06:54PM

Sounds like it's all going very well ... there is usually one "stinker" in the pot! :-)

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 20, 2013 08:09PM

So... Do we in the South get to meet you in Oct?

Date: August 27, 2013 05:53PM

Hahah!! Two funny! Someone resurrected this from last year. We do plan on attending the conference in October in SLC.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.