Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: December 22, 2010 01:28PM

She has a nephew getting married. He's in school and so is she. They don't have a place to live, don't have a car, don't have jobs, but they are getting married in the temple so I guess everything will be OK. My wife was going on an on about how young and unprepared they are. She couldn't understand why they wouldn't wait a few months and get things figured out before they wed etc.

I gently pointed out that the advice over the Mormon pulpit has been and still is: “Don't wait to get married and have children”. “Don't put if off because you don't think you can afford it blah blah blah”. She couldn't deny those teachings but it was obvious she disagreed with them. I wonder if the cog-dis is causing her to lose any sleep. Probably not. We wonder where this young couple will sleep when they get done with the Honeymoon.

The best part is my wife talking to our children and pointing out the foolishness of getting married before they're ready. Score one for common sense.

Stunted

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.