Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: feelinglight ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 01:21PM

I am tired of constant lessons on VT, HT, tithing, missionary work, being "worthy" to go to the Temple. Where is Jesus in all this nonsense of the Mormon church???
I do not feel I need to buy my way into Heaven......

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: shiite-mormon ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 01:27PM

Exactly!! They call themselves "The Church of Jesus Christ", but you hardly ever actually talk about him.

Posted by: kellie ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 02:06PM

I dont believe jesus is with this church and if he was what about the other religions? If theres is the only true one than god has seperated his people and is judging us and thats the god i dont want to know, i have never felt so wrong being with this church let alone insulted, i find jesus in me and in the way i live by love and peace.

Posted by: jah ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 02:09PM

It is really annoying. When I was on my way out this was an issue I had and my wife wouldn't listen to it. I "challenged" her to pay special attention to the next Sunday's talks and lessons and come back to me and tell me how many times Jesus was mentioned... she was very shocked.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 02:10PM

Jesus will gladly let Mormons worship JS if it means that they aren't always bugging him to find their car keys. By the way if you really want to find Jesus try Southpark, CO or Quahog, RI.

Posted by: mondaymorning ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 02:15PM

Jesus is currently saddled up to a raptor roaming around Jurassic Park looking for the bottle of shaving cream Newman dropped after being eaten by the dino.

That's why they call him Raptor Jesus

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 02:23PM

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 02:24PM

He was never talked about when I was a member. Just good ol' Joe and the other perv, BY.

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 06:01PM

I think Jesus left 2000 years ago for a coffee break, realized how good starbuck was and hasn't bothered coming back.

Posted by: m ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 07:35PM

even a broken clock is correct once a day

THE BOOK OF MORMON
CHAPTER 8
32 Yea, it shall come in a day when there shall be churches built up that shall say: Come unto me, and for your money you shall be forgiven of your sins.

Posted by: toto ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 07:39PM

There's another thread about what Christians think of Satan. I believe TCOJCOLDS is actually the Church of Latter-day Satans since Mormons hold fear most dearly to their hearts.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 07:51PM

Jesus is just their spokesmodel. He doesn't have a say in the day to day running of their business. He's just they guy they pull out to model a good image for them - to make their business look pretty and desirable. The face but not the substance of Mormonism. He's no more valuable to them than Jared is to Subway. He brings in the business - they make the sandwiches.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2012 07:53PM by CA girl.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 08:42PM

Ha-ha-ha-ha! CA Girl, you are right!

Jesus Christ is that big marble statue at the Visitor's Center across from the City Creek Mall. The Mormons sell smaller versions at their memorabilia stores.

I was noticing that Jesus was never mentioned, and when the church announced that all the Relief Society and Sunday school lessons were to be about the (old, dead, polygamous, self-proclaimed, male) Prophets, I quit attending. Out of all those lessons, two subjects emerged: 1) The Temple 2) Honoring The Priesthood. Since both of those things were part of my life, what was the point?

I had not felt inspired for years, and I did the same experiment that Jah's wife did, and noticed that Jesus was never spoken of as a subject. Only in the prayers, "in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. It was Christmas time, and I was shocked that more fuss was made for Joesph Smith's birthday than for Christ's birthday. When I taught Primary and Sunday school, I would add to the lesson some of the Bible passages and Bible stories I remembered from childhood. Now, this is forbidden! There is a new rule to not bring scriptures to church, and to not make too many scriptural references in talks--yet speakers are given a complete talk by one of the "Prophets" to work off of. They gave one of those speeches to my BIL, and told him that he could just read it out loud, word for word, if he wanted. Anyway, I'll never forget when a neighbor looked at me in distain one Sunday, and remarked, "Is that the BIBLE you are carrying?" I said, "Well, I am at church...."

When I left, my bishop kept badgering me to stay. Finally I told him that I did not believe in Joseph Smith or the Mormon prophets, and that I wanted to follow Jesus Christ, instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2012 08:43PM by forestpal.

Posted by: feelinglight ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 08:54PM

I'm with you, forestpal. Thanks everyone for your comments.....

Posted by: Titanic Survivor ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 09:56PM

Last seen with Elvis.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 04:33PM

Elvis isn't dead, he just went home...

K "Men in Black"

Posted by: rise ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 07:43PM

+1

Posted by: JonS ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 10:06PM

He is with the people crucified in history. He is with the suffering poor.

Sorry, his suffering and death have no relevance to a multi billion dollar corporation. His kingdom is addressed to the poor and always has been.

Posted by: depressed ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 10:16PM

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 10:20PM

Jesus Christ has gone missing.
Jesus Joe Smith has replaced him......
Praise to the man and all that....

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 04:40PM

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 04:42PM

Hahahahahaha!! You nailed it!

Posted by: darth jesus ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 07:11PM

<yawn>
<stretch>

look no further. i'm right here.

what is it my child? did you pay your tithing this month? are you wealthy and blond from utah? no. so, thank you. move along now. please.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 08:08PM

Christ is in many churches, just not in TSCC which is based on works, not grace. If works were the way, no-one would make it and the atonement is meaningless.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.