Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Utah County Mom ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 02:12PM

Has anyone heard whether Stephanie Meyer has gone the way of Ex-Mo? We were talking about her books at the office today and a co-worker said that a freind of freind had supposedly gone to some fan event and that Meyer had shown up drunk, beligerent, demanding, "Don't you know who I am?!"

(Yeah, well you know anyone who leaves the church is leaving because they want to do drugs, sex, drink and rock 'n roll!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 02:30PM

I think she and her family are inactive. I have a TBM friend who lives in her neighborhood and he has talked to her husband before. I don't know if they are ex-mo. There are plenty of jack mormons who still believe but drink and do other things Mormons aren't allowed to do. I guess the difference between inactive and ex-mo is just a matter of the reasons why you left and how likely you are to ever return and it would be hard to tell unless she speaks publicly about it.

Posted by: Dollup ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 03:24PM

Stephanie is definately still TBM. Her father is the bishop of the Cave Creek Arizona ward and I saw her coming out of the building about 3 weeks ago. Very nice and personalbe - still.

Posted by: Cantdoit ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 03:33PM

The church doesn't want to lose that income stream!

Posted by: givememy10percent ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 10:54PM

Hahahaha! Good one!

Posted by: turnonthelights ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 11:15PM

Too bad I was hoping the church wasn't getting any of her money :(

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 09:28AM

it doesn't redeem her from the crime of writing stupid ugly junk.

"Don't you know who I am?!" LMAO! The bleat of a big fish in a little pond.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 06:46PM

I could have told her: "Yes, the worst author since Barbara Cartland." (And that's saying something.)

:)

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 08:18PM

Oh so true, Rebeckah. Junk food books.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 11:00PM

I don't think I've ever read a book where I wanted the characters to die an agonizing death quite so much. I waded through three of them just waiting for Bella to get killed -- then I decided Smeyers was a dirty tease and refused to pick up another.

;)

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 11:16AM

I can't even get through one bad movie at 1.5 hours - let alone 3 bad novels!

Posted by: ducky333 ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 06:25AM

So true LOL. One of the worst series of books I've ever read (at the behest of friends who loved them). Writing so bad it's almost parody. Meyer can't write female protagonists to save her life. Every one is a stereotype straight out of her beloved Anne of Green Gables. And that's the least of her problems.

And, dear Gawd--those movies! A friend just asked me last night to watch one with her she'd rented; I told her I'd rather gnaw off my own hand. The first was torture enough. Some friends and I laughed our asses off during the whole thing and earned stares and shushes from people around us. Some of the worst acting EVAH. I wish I'd been drunk at the time; perhaps I wouldn't remember it now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.