Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 06:43PM

All I see during the summer months now are little girls running around with bare shoulders like common street walkers.

Someone really should do something.

And the parents have become incredibly hostile towards righteousness.

The last three parents of the brazen, hussy girls I've cornered and called "tramps" right to their debauched little faces got so angry with me.

I couldn't believe it. What is this world coming to when an older man can't tell a little girl that she looks like a whore and cover her shoulders up for god's sakes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Serendiptiyhappens ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 07:09PM

And don't even get me started with 3 year olds in their little ruffled bikinis.. I mean seriously, why not tattoo them with "tramp in training" right now? Clearly their parents have no morals.

Seriously,UGH, I always HATED when mormon families forced there little 3 or 4 year olds to wear t-shirts under their sundresses. Disgusting.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 07:16PM

some of these latter-day toddler-trollops even dance!

Posted by: helenahandbasket ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 07:21PM

Finding decent clothing for school for a 7 year old grand-daughter is frustating! It's all so "slutty" looking. Sequins and sparkles and lace, etc. Uggg!

Date: September 07, 2012 07:26PM

So next time you are grinding up against someone - do it for Joseph Smith!

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 08:05PM

Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 07:28PM

Raptor--

I can only assume you're referring to this:

http://bycommonconsent.com/2012/09/03/editing-photos-to-add-cap-sleeves-is-a-bad-idea/

The comments are interesting, too--I am flabbergasted by the fetishization of modesty within the church.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 07:30PM

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: September 07, 2012 11:14PM

I think they should have garments for kids these days. Just start them early. We wouldn't have to worry about looking at bare shoulders or anything slightly above the knee which is a nightmare.

Posted by: Johnny Canuck ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 03:19AM

Because they are not like little Hannah in this inspiring piece of fiction.

https://www.lds.org/friend/2011/06/hannahs-new-dress?lang=eng&query=hannah%27s+new+dress

Posted by: SerendipityHappensnotloggedin ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 10:20AM

That was the most disgusting thing I ever read.

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 03:34PM

Amen sistah! I almost threw up in my pants!

Posted by: altava ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 06:45PM

"And Hannah's mom was so happy her extremely young daughter was already completely brainwashed."

That dress sounds super cute. Too bad they ruined it by putting a t-shirt under it.

Posted by: apatheist ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 06:18PM

Posted by: formermollymormon ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 03:50AM

My sister-in-law made her little girls dress modestly so that when they were of age to go to the temple, they wouldn't have to change their wardrobe. Everything they wore had to be garment worthy. I just saw her posting on facebook to say how proud she was of the young women for having such modest prom dresses. I've seen her post about modesty a couple of times. What I find ironic is that she once said she enjoys doing initiatories. Isn't that the washing and anointing thing? She's old enough that I'm sure she was doing them when they would actually touch you underneath the poncho. You'd think that would be very difficult for her. I know it would have been for me had I ever taken out my endowments. Thankfully, I did not. I'd have run screaming if they told me to take off my clothes and put some poncho on. (I was very modest and shy.) That ritual does not compute in my brain when the organization makes such a big deal about modesty.

Is it just me or is the church making a bigger deal about modesty than it used to? Or is it members taking it to extreme levels? My mom was a TBM and she had a sleeveless prom dress back in the day. That was over 50 years ago. My step-mom made a lot of my clothes when I was a kid and she made me a midriff top that was sleeveless. I even had a two piece swimming suit. She was also very TBM.

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 08:55AM

How are we to keep our sons chaste and worthy to receive the Aaronic Priesthood? Don't even get me started on those shorts that barely skim the top of the knee!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2012 11:02AM by Samantha Baker.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 09:20AM

What shocks me is that calling a girl a "bitch" is just fine all of the sudden. Young people call each other whores and pimps and that's just fine too. "Tramp" and "slut" are suddenly compliments, or just being cute?

I just can't get on board with that one.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 10:01AM

My 8 year old daughter has to wear tank tops with a 1 1/2 inch strap here in AZ dress code at a public school! Pray tell, where to find those? Not Walmart or Target. I used to wear tube tops and dolphin shorts in the 80's to school. There was a smoking section for the high school students and if you were caught smoking in the bathroom a teacher in a stearn voice would open the bathroom door and say "Get to class!". Times have changed a little.

Posted by: SerendipityHappensNotLoggedIn ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 10:28AM

WOW, Don't know when you went to highschool, but I went during the 1980s and if you were caught smoking anywhere within visual range of the school, it was automatic suspension. We could not wear skirts above the knee and shorts or even "jams" were strictly verboten. Tanktops were not allowed regardless of the width of the sleeves. Any shirt that showed any armpit or shoulder was not allowed. Midriff had to be covered at all times. T-shirts with characters or writing on them were not allowed. Facial piercings were not allowed. Extreme hair colors or styles were not allowed. (Cindy Lauper would have been expelled)

This was in a liberal state far outside of the morridor.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 06:08PM

Northern California small hippie town, even the teachers smoked pot so ... That's how it was.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 10:44AM

1. Back in my school days even bluejeans were not permitted.
2. I have a grandaughter who wears sleeveless dresses to church at age 8. If anyone ever tells her she can't I bet she'll refuse to go.
3. The entire fetish about clothing is merely a matter of control. Of course, one can carry cheap clothing to an extreme, but TSCC should understand that clothing is not slutty because of no sleeves, or is above the knee, or shows some of the chest, etc.
4. Clothing can be designed which carefully follows the dictates of TSCC but is outrageously suggestive and clothing does exist which is clearly modest but violates the dictates of TSCC.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 12:32PM

So, wait a minute. You are saying that bare shoulders equals a street walker? And ruffled bikinis on 3year olds equals tramp in training? You people sound just like the Mormons you are disassociated from, geesh, get a life and wake up. When I was in high school, girls never even wore jeans to school. (1963) Skirts and dresses only, and I certainly wouldn't want to go back to that. Maybe some would be happy with their Wimmin wearing burkas.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 12:34PM

The post is satire. It's making fun of Mormon think. Chill your beans.

Posted by: foundoubt ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 12:36PM

K, sorry.

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 03:29PM

After reading about how the church photoshopped capped sleeves on a little girl, and then after reading this blog entry http://www.rolereboot.org/life/details/2012-03-how-modesty-made-me-fat on a post someone here posted up, I haven't been able to shake my anger against the church for being obsessed with modesty.

I really think most of my body image issues stem from having to be modest all the time. My clothes were rarely flattering, and it only got worse after garments. I really think the church wants women to feel so unsexy and unattractive so we stay "virtuous." Well, it worked on me- and if it worked on me it worked on hundreds of others. I'm just happy that I can now teach my daughters that they can wear whatever they feel comfortable in and what makes them feel good about themselves. I just hope I can get to that point sometime soon.

Just because I don't wear garments anymore doesn't mean I dress like a prostitute. And if I did..... SO WHAT. Does how I dress affect the church as a whole? Shouldn't who I am mean more than what I wear?

Ugh.

Date: September 08, 2012 06:44PM

Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 12:19AM

Now I can screw them back by gaining some confidence. :)

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 06:54PM

At first I thought the whole modesty thing was stupid. Now I think it's dangerous. It teaches that men have no self-control and that women are responsible for men's behavior. It's harmful to both men and women.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 10:55PM

I agree, in fact there's something on Facebook about how if a man can't control himself no matter what a female is wearing, his default nature is rapist. I saw it on my newsfeed and shared it because I think the Mormon fetish about modesty is dangerous.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 11:01PM

Also, that fabric is in short supply. Can't possibly be any other explanation because children are innocent and pure.

:D

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 11:16PM

I saw something today that should send any TBM into a self righteous fit.

Two toddlers were playing in the water fountain at Seattle Center with nothing on but a diaper! What is the world coming to?

(They were having great fun. Squealing and laughing in the cold water on an 80º day.)

Posted by: flyboy ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 01:33AM

You're lucky you didn't get shot

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 06:32PM

Everyone knows that Heavenly Father saved all the SLUTTIEST SPIRITS in the Pre-Existence for the Last Days...
to tempt all those VALIANT SPIRITS that were also saved for the Last Days.
sheesh

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.