Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: postmormongirl ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 07:24PM

And I quote, verbatim, "If you're having a bad day, it's probably your fault. Cheer up!"

(Note - I just got over a 48-hour migraine that left me incapacitated - does that mean those bad days were my fault?)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 07:28PM

Well, you probably sinned which caused God to zap you with a headache to punish you.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 07:28PM

That could be anyone, Not just a Mormon. But annoying nonetheless.

Date: September 08, 2012 07:32PM

It could be. But it is annoying. I had recently blocked most of my TBM friends' posts from showing up on my feed but I forgot about this one - she is as peppy a Mormon as they get.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 07:31PM

If the TBM FB poster is having a vacuous day, it's probably business as usual.

Sorry for the migraine. They are exhausting.

Posted by: moonbeam ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 07:32PM

So irritating.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 07:34PM

Probably meant it as one of those change your attitude and your life will be better cliches, but it was poorly stated and silly. I wouldn't take it personally. Of course I didn't hear the whole conversation.

Date: September 08, 2012 07:41PM

I think the issue is that she does this a lot. I do think she meant it in the "change your attitude, change your life" way but it was still annoying to see, especially given that she posts a lot of these platitudes.

Date: September 08, 2012 08:53PM

I agree and it was phrased in an offensive way.

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 09:20PM

They think if they are "choosing the right" then gawd, and angels are their allies. They think they will sail through life with no problems, and their battles will be fought for them, unlike the "sinners". They are more likely to think this if they have never been seriously ill.

I have health issues, and the sheeple blame me ALL the time. They think if you are a morgbot, then you are not righteous enough, and if you are an exmo, of course that is self-explanatory in their crazy minds. You cannot win, because they are using magical explanations, instead of logic, and actual cause, and effect to understand illness. Some TBM's still like to let me know when I am "choosing" to be sick.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2012 09:21PM by atheist&happy:-).

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 11:12PM

Mormons...always blowing sunshine up someone's ass!

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 11:22PM

I'm old and have had lots of bad days over the years!

If I'm having a bad day, it's because things happen randomly and stack wrong sometimes. There's going to be better days, and my inner attitude can help solve today's issues. Meanwhile, there's nothing wrong with being a bit pissed off.

Date: September 09, 2012 12:18AM

I think it's a lot better to just accept that some things are out of your control - some days you get stuck in traffic, your car breaks down, your boss is a dick, you're stressed out about deadlines, and the house is a mess. And if you can't manage to slap on a crazed smile and talk about how all these trials make you so blessed and you have just the most wonderful life ever, than that just means you are human.

Posted by: notsurewhattothink ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 11:46PM

I have Tourettes and when I would have a bad day with tics, I would believe it was my fault. Also when there were problems with my car, job, etc, again, my fault and I had to repent. Yeah, I was not a happy person back then.

Date: September 08, 2012 11:48PM

A good attitude helps. Can't argue with that, but bad things happen that are outside of our control and we do have a right to be upset when they do.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 11:59PM

I had a friend post a scary message on FB saying she is tired of the charade, wants to stop the world and get off, then said goodbye. She left the church for 3 years, but started going again to save her marriage, and to appease her grown kids. She came over to chat after my DH and I decided to leave. She's really hurting.

I was understandably shaken by her post. Everyone was trying to find her, her hubby was contacted, they even called the police. I couldn't do anything because we were on the road on the way to a wedding. A girl I know in their ward about the age of our oldest son went in and gave this ridiculous advice: "Go and read your patriarchal blessing, then see how you feel about your life.". What? Are you trying to push her over the edge??

Thankfully, my friend is home and safe. I need to chat with her when I get home. It's hard to live a lie.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.