Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 08:14PM

We attended a non temple wedding today of the daughter of some TBM friends of ours. Our 12 yo son started telling the son of some of their TBM family the truth about Joseph Smith. It was a proud, yet very awkward moment. I guess their son, 14 was already having some doubts about the church and our son stirred it up again. I don't think the TBM son will stay that way if he's already thinking for himself at 14.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: americangirl406 ( )
Date: September 08, 2012 10:27PM

That's amazing! Great job :)

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 12:31AM

Super....and nothing wrong with that. I sometimes think it is the innocent 12-14 yr.old kids who can spread some facts around and make a real difference in their peer group. Maybe even make a difference to adults too.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 12:33AM

If i'd had a little info, and the internet at age 12, it would have changed my life. For the better.

Date: September 09, 2012 02:49PM

Another incident came up, a few kids getting into mischief. It was an outdoor, garden wedding at our friends' parents' house. Pretty sure it's a pattern that my kids will start to get the rap for being ringleaders in stuff because their parents are heathens now.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 03:06PM

Good job Mom!!!

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 03:17PM

The younger they are the less brainwashed they will be. Hopefully some good will come from this little encounter.

Date: September 09, 2012 10:51PM

Thanks everyone!

After further questioning, here's the whole story:

My 8 yo son was playing with another kid who started talking about the church. My son said we quit going to church. The doubting 14 yo asked my 12 yo why we quit going. My 12 yo son told the 14 yo the truth. So proud of him!!

Ask and ye shall receive.

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 01:50AM

I am so impressed with some of the Mormon young people I have run into recently. They are really smart and are figuring things out. There is hope for the world. This is some more great news.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.