Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Observer ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 08:16PM

While i cant understand why the early members would remain faithful and follow js even with all of his "doings", i do understand many of the members that today are faithful; and that is the fact that a lot of them work for the church. For them, breaking apart will mean to loose their jobs or contract opportunities. This is so both in utah as well as in other countries where most of the faithful leaders have a well paid church job while the majority or the rest of the members try to keep up with those other mormon families. I can see many leaders not believing a 100% in the church but staying to keep their jobs.
Hey everyone, have a great rest of your weekend!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: observer ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 11:21AM

Maybe the title of my post wasn't clear enough as I got no replies.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 11:34AM

I just got a second part-time job... and I'm finding it's the same as my other one, atmosphere-wise. My boss suddenly has a new set of ears to listen to all the right-wingnut tea farty diatribes about how Obama is a Muslim and a communist and wasn't born in the USA so his entire presidency is illegal and any bill he has signed is invalid, and how we simply have to elect Mitt[ler] or the country will totally go to hell because Obama is going to declare martial law and will keep himself in power as a dictator forever [I do believe this danged old chestnut been said about EVERY blasted president, at least in my lifetime, by the haters and conspiracy wacks of all stripes], and on and on.

Sorry... went off a bit. My point is that I have to put up with this boss's crappy political soliloquies as well as having to put up with my other boss's racist rants... feeling shame at not speaking up and doing the right thing, because I need the money, plain and simple.

So, yeah, you DO have an excellent point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2012 11:35AM by Doxi.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: September 10, 2012 11:29AM

I just never looked at any evidence. Many things I did not know at all, like JS being married to teens and other men's wives. I also didn't know that he didn't live the WOW, nor did pretty much anyone else until the 20th century. I had a few doubts, but never looked into it because I "knew" the BOM was true.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.