Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 09:32PM

Our tallest building is only 20 stories high, so in tribute to the World Trade Center disaster, local firefighters from all over the Panhandle climbed it, an eleven story building, ten times, in full gear, including axes and hoses, representing the one hundred and ten stories of the World Trade Center, and completing the climb for their brethren who never completed theirs on that fateful day. They also used the event to raise money for various needy charities.

I on the other hand get winded, going up three stories, carrying nothing heavier then a grocery bag.

And oh, BTW, not one of these guys, that I know, keeps the word of wisdom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2012 09:33PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 09:35PM

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 09, 2012 10:13PM

Firefighters run in when everyone else runs out screaming.

I never worked at the WTC, but like many New Yorkers, I had reason to visit the twin towers on occasion. Now I find that memories of the WTC will turn up at the most random times. I'll remember my ears popping from the swift elevators, or the stunning view from an upper story window, or the serene look on a building worker's face as he went about his business. I wonder if that's something like what a flashback would be like. I can only imagine how it must be for the first responders who made it through that day. They must be haunted, still.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.