Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Duder ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 11:24AM

This morning, I asked a co-worker how her Christmas was, and she responded with "worst ever." She proceeded to tell me a bit about it, and I reflected on what mine might be.

When I was about 8, my parents took my brother and me to tithing settlement with them. At the time, my pop was on the edge of bankruptcy, his business was failing, and we were months away from losing our home. He dutifully handed a huge check to the bishop, and we walked out. My brother and I began clowning around on the church lawn, and our fun resulted in a broken collar bone for me. I was in the hospital for hours, and I was absolutely miserable for Christmas.

Looking back, I keep thinking that my poor pops would have to call that his worst Christmas ever. Things can always get worse, eh?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 11:35AM

What a shame for your pops. Mormons just want all to suffer. Instead of giving what you are able, or serve others by volunteering instead of giving money (for the really poor this is their way of feeling good), they hold this tithing over your head. No real spiritual/religious groups would be so heartless.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 03:12PM

Man. That makes me sad.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.