Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: December 28, 2010 05:40AM

Church Cleaning Duty. CCD or CTR

I see LDS Inc. using the bad economy to introduce and implement unpleasant new policy of ward members cleaning the Church.

Just like the corporation I work for, they have introduced a lot of unpopular changes in (crying “our business can’t survive if we don’t cut back”) the work policies, for instance

We used to be paid time and a half to work on the weekends, even if you got sick during the week, now we must work 37.5 hours before we get OT.

If we are on call over the weekend we used to get 2 hours a shift for beeper coverage, now we get 1 hour of pay for tying up our day.

They have had numerous work force reductions and now we are expected to pick up the slack, I would say we produce twice as much as we used to rushing through jobs to turn them quick, always with the threat of you might be the next one to go if you give us any trouble.

I would say ¾ of our work is now in India because they say they can’t make a profit unless they get cheap wage.

They have replaced full-time employees with "task force" or temp to hire kelly workers.

All reminders to adhere to current policies concerning safety, attendance, cel phone use on the manufacting floor are qualified by “subject to termination” if not followed.

They have reduced a retirement celebration to chex mix and cake to honor 35+ years of service, they used to have meat and cheese trays and veggie trays.

Our corporation has taken the opportunity to cut every employee perk that they could, now they have protected their 10 billion dollars reported profit by cutting wage and employees benefits, so basically they are making sure the bad economy doesn’t affect their bottom line.

What they are just doing good business in there minds.

LDS Inc is just doing the same thing protecting their profit margin at the employees expense and taking the opportunity to introduce these changes using the economy as and excuse, they can afford to pay someone but that might cut into the profit and they plan on making more next year than they did this year. What do you expect from a corporation that demand their employees to pay them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: December 28, 2010 09:19AM

Sure, the brethren imagine they're employees (or slaves), but actually, the members are the revenue stream, the buyers, the investors. The church has been making a crappier and crappier product while charging more and more for it, even making customers pay to get into the store. This messed up system continues to work (for now) because members think the church is the only supplier of True Happiness® in the world.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: December 28, 2010 09:26AM

Posted by: openeyes ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 01:16AM

I have a problem with company politics where the board of directors favors a privileged few, such as, corporate executives with excessive compensation packages of perks, bonuses, stock options & wages, while ignoring and exploiting the hard working minions by compensating them a pittance.

It’s an insult to get a turkey as an extra during the holidays while administrators get five & six figure bonuses and other perks. Some executives insincerely pat lower level, educated, hardworking employees on the back, placating them that they are vital and important as the backbone of the organization because they deal with the customer, yet compensation is only a trifle. It seems like all that subordinates get is reduced wages and lip service from the big shots as larger quarterly profits come rolling in. If the various roles employees fulfill are so essential, then why don’t executives significantly reward ALL of its contributing and performing members in line with the successes of their organization instead of exploiting them? Based on results, capitalism and the so-called trickle down effect in this country don’t work and have gone severely awry! It would be nice if the golden rule prevailed in business practices, work performance and compensation – I’m not going to hold my breath, what’s a minion going to do?

I wonder how the common church employee feels about their compensation.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 10:12AM

They keep cryin poor mouth, you gota watch the budget, reduce your spending all the while they're banking billions.

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 10:23AM

LDS inc is a Corporate Hypocrisy

The members are told, avoid debt, manage your cash to keep a reserve, don't be lavish in your spending, be self reliant.

At the same time the Church is spending $billions on a shopping mall.

Hypocrisy, pure, unadulterated, slap me round the face with a wet fish, Hypocrisy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.