Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NotNow ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:18PM

In a press conference carried on the BYU channel, Holland was asked why the missionary age was being lowered.

"There is a hastening," he said, because the church can't establish missions fast enough. There are areas, he added, that are "waiting for missions" to be established.

Elder Nelson said 18-year-old missionaries are "sweeter, purer, smarter."

I believe that it was Nelson who also said that in the two years since President Monson called for a increase in the missionary force, numbers are up as follows:

6 percent more elders.
12 percent more sisters.
18 percent more couples.

I wonder if Holland's "hastening" statement will be interpreted as as an urgency to be ready for the second coming.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:19PM

Posted by: marcsphenctor ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:22PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sweeter, purer, smarter than what ?

Certainly NOT turd Holland; nobody could be sweeter, purer or smarter than that walking dildo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 02:22PM by marcsphenctor.

Posted by: footdoc ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 03:48PM

does he really walk or is it more of a waddle? Many GA's I've seen are definitely waddlers...

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 05:01PM

Good question Dave. All the 19-21 missionaries now know they are less sweet etc. than their younger sibs. Gotta be discouraging, eh?

This is disgusting. Holland is a tenth-wit.

And what part of the world is crying for new missions? Africa?

Holland knows that missionaries can be diverted from places where they are no longer needed (like Europe), to start new missions in Africa.

All those 18yr old boys are going to be exposed to strange and rare diseases in the wilds of "darkest Africa"? Good luck with that, tbm parents. Many of you will be caring all your lives for your adult RM children, damaged by their stay in the "Dark Continent". (Yeah, I know those are outdated terms, and can be seen as racist. But that is what Africa was called when I was a kid, so it's funny to me, in a macabre way).

Better marry your RM sons off quick, so that maybe the new wife and the in-laws will get stuck caring for your handicapped RM's.

An ex-bishop of mine is still battling parasites he got while in the Panama islands on his mission. He is very ill, suffering constant pain, in his fifties, and getting worse, with little hope for a cure. My own oldest son is very ill, partly because of his experiences on his mission.

Even if the Africa mishies manage to avoid major diseases, they will likely suffer from malnutrition that will surely affect their health for years. There is real suffering in Africa, and if historical experiences of mishies in Latin America are any indication, the mishies will have a very hard time getting enough to eat.

And of course, Africa is a model of civil order, a very safe place to be in general---NOT!!!

Be the first LDS TBM fool on your Orem street to have your boy come home from Africa in a box.

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 12:03PM

"heart of darkest africa" is not racist.

It described the unknown interior of Africa...

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:22PM

So now the 19 year olds aren't pure, sweet, or smart?
I had no idea that everyone fell apart in that 12 month period of life.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:41PM

They've lost Europe.

Now they have to hasten to any country where people do not own a computer and a mouse.

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 03:30PM

+1

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 03:48PM

Pygmies don't have a lot of tithe paying potential, neither do uncontacted Amazon natives.

Actually, people untainted by world religions will probably respond to stories in the BoM with their version of "you gotta be shittin' me".

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:43PM

I wonder if lowering the age for men is to get missionaries back from the mission field so they can marry and start a family sooner. It is only a year but that is one child per missionary every year. That equates to about 50,000 babies. I am guessing off the top of my head about the number but the idea is sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 02:43PM by Now a Gentile.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:55PM

My husband said the same thing yesterday.

Posted by: smithscars ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 02:50PM

"hastening" I hate it when mormon leaders use words like that. so cheesy. kinda like "from Whence do you get Your authority?"

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 03:35PM

And as evidence of that we look at the progress of the work in Germany where we have...oh damn...that's the wrong slide.

Date: October 07, 2012 03:50PM

Hahahahahaha!!

Date: October 07, 2012 03:58PM

Lowering the age shouldn't effect average missionaries pet year after the initial boost. They aren't going to get any more than would have gone anyway.

As for couples, if they want to spend more time and money on the CULT than they do with their grandkids, good. Their families don't need them around perpetuating guilt, fear and lies.

Posted by: helemeon ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 03:49PM

Offer full scholarships to BYU or one of the other lds owned universities to every elder and sister who honorably completes a 2 year mission.

Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 04:06PM

Shhhh...don't give them any ideas!

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 12:05PM

"hastening" my eye...

They are closing and/or consolidating missions all over the place...

This was a shot at CONTROL, nothing else...

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 12:10PM

Mormonism is growing so fast in Ireland that they closed the mission and consolidated it with the Scotland mission.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.