Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 10:55AM

Who else noticed that in addition to saying his ancestors came from Jerusalem, he also said the loss of their lives and land was due to the wrath of God. He even kind of acted like they had it coming. Check him out, starting at 4:10 and continuing for about 2 minutes:

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2012/10?lang=eng&vid=1882749065001&cid=6

That's some pretty flagrant institutional racism right there, if you ask me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2012 11:05AM by munchybotaz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 01:38PM

I couldn't believe that he was bringing the Native American/Lamanites being a "remnant of the House of Israel" fiction. I thought the cult had moved past it by leaving the subject for its apologists. Whenever I bring the BofM inaccuracies up to Mormons, they just move away from the subject and talk about truth through prayer or just not answer altogether. I assumed that they had all learned to "answer the question that they meant to ask, not what they asked" that Elder MealyMouth taught.

To me, it is an insult to the Pre-Columbian cultures that existed in the Americas. It suggests that the dirty, filthy, dark skinned people of North America, the Mound Builders, the Mayas, Aztecs, and Inca were incapable of such great civilizations on their own. Only the Old World could have provided such knowledge to the Amerind. That was what was behind the folk history that led to the BoM and "A View of the Hebrews" by Ethan Smith. Echo Hawk belittles himself with belief in this white man's con job.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2012 06:44PM by No Mo.

Posted by: me ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 04:55PM

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 05:28PM

Echo Hawk worked for the BIA? That means he is partly responsible for their failures and crimes.

There's a lot of blame to go around, but how could he work for an institution that arguably prolongs the poverty and misery of the Lakota tribes?

Where is the "pure love of Christ", Larry? How do you sleep?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.