Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 11:09AM

The church is losing control. They will assert their authority as never before. Members will be explicitly forbidden to view certain websites, such as mormonthink.com and exmormon.org. They will be told (it's happening now) that viewing these sites is a serious sin. They must repent, and forgiveness will not come easily.

Any members who openly question the beliefs will be excommunicated. The church will adopt a zero tolerance policy towards those who disparage Joseph Smith or any subsequent leaders of the church.

There will be talk of outer darkness and eternal separation from God.

They have tried to be tolerant and progressive. It's not working. Their last resort is to assert total control through fear.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rander70 ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 11:15AM

I keep thinking about this myself. However, I've noticed that the church likes to seem normal to others who may not know of this religion... which makes me think maybe they will become gentler in time because they need to act normal for the people who are weary of them. Then again, this may just be a venus fly trap for those who are curious and get in deep with the TSCC.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 12:00PM

When did they try to be tolerant and progressive? I must have missed that phase.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 12:19PM

JS said, "I teach them correct principles and they govern themselves."

Pretty tolerant & progressive when compared to the tight grip of LD$, Inc these days.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.