Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dogeatdog ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 11:27AM

So, I was reading this post on this board and the blog post referenced in it. "Would Really Like to See National Media Get Ahold of This" or soemthing like that.
It got me thinking, really, why doesn't the rest of the world really, truly understand how mormons lie... I was trying to voice my concerns over Mitt Romney leadership based on his being Mormon and what that indicates about him as a person. I was also trying to explain to some non-mos about why I am leaving TSCC. I began to realize they nod their heads and have maybe a general conceptualization of what I'm saying, but I could tell by the looks in their eyes that they didn't really get it. I'm not sure if they think I'm being overly dramatic (because seriously, TSCC drama is stuff you'd get out of a fictional book or movie), or if they just have no way of comprehending the true extent of how manipulative TSCC actually is.
I then began to realize that's why I come on this board. I swear it's really only other people that have had involvement with TSCC as an organization and individual members that really "get" what it's all about and the true impact of the corporation and their lies and manipulation. So, then I begin to wonder, no matter what is printed in an article, would the rest of America ever really get it....? I mean, they may think, yea, that sounds wierd, or, that sounds cultish, but can they ever truly get it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2012 11:28AM by dogeatdog.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 12:13PM

The problem is that most people outside of Utah or the Rocky Mountain west don't know or care about Mormonism. I'm from the southwest and my life has been influenced by the church even though I'm not in it. Go to the northeast or south or the midwest and you will quickly discover that most people have almost no knowledge of Mormonism could care less about it. It's just not on their radar screen. To them it's another cult-like group like Jehovah's Witnesses or Scientology.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 12:21PM

"pathological liar".

I've found that those who are most confused about what lying is are those who do it the most. Mormons being a prime example.

So yeah, outsiders do "get it".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.