Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: October 09, 2012 09:26PM

Monson has a brain fart and the rest of the world pays for it...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: alx71ut ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 01:42PM

IMO this announcement is good news for my HS Senior child who wants to go to the University of Utah starting Fall 2013. It's created a one-time opportunity (that may be repeated in 2014) where there will be fewer applicants wanting to start in 2013 and thus make it less competitive for her to get a slot. In addition it ought to help reduce the U of U population of LDS students (especially of RMs) at that school until at least 2015.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 02:06PM

BYU will have no male Freshman under the age of 20. This may discourage young women from attending, as their only dating options are marriage-hungry 20+ yo RMs. I doubt many HS grads are ready to date some guy that much older than her who happens to be a freshman.

If I were not sure about a mission as a guy, I would go to a state school. This would probably ruin any chances of me going on a mission. Had I not gone to BYU at 18, I would not have left school to go on a mission. I would have stayed at Texas, graduated at 22 and likely come out and left the church by then.

I don't see this affecting Utah state schools that much. They will become less TBM as RMs flock to BYU and non-mission going men opt out of BYU.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 02:22PM

I guess it will mean incoming freshmen football & basketball players will be 20 and not 18.

Here's the comment I left.

I assumed the age difference was to get women married at 18 to those returning missionaries. The only growth for the lds church in the US is children born in the church. It's important to get women busy producing future tithe payers. Brainwash them young so they never ask for financial accountability from church leaders.

I wonder how 18 year olds will like the temple endowment ceremony? Good thing it's on you tube and the internet so they won't be shocked by it. I'm surprised the church doesn't have trainer garments for children.

Posted by: rgg ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 04:46PM

There are some posters who are saying that its a "great" move for gender equality??????

CRAZY BRAINWASHED people...

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 04:51PM

http://stakepresident.blogspot.com/

Our favorite Stake Pres has already addressed that. According to him, it is recognition that girls are only one year behind boys in maturity.

Posted by: tevai, not logged in ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 05:04PM

forbiddencokedrinker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://stakepresident.blogspot.com/
>
> Our favorite Stake Pres has already addressed
> that. According to him, it is recognition that
> girls are only one year behind boys in maturity.

This has got to be ironic, correct?

Girls are generally MUCH ahead of boys in maturity (two or three years, as I recall) until about twenty-five, when the two genders begin to statistically equalize.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.