Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: xxxmo ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 01:08AM

In this pic you see the end of mormonism. Why? It is Moroni on a horse. Why have you never seen him on a horse, because there were no horses during the time the book of mormon was supposed to occur in. It is a gigantic colossal screw up. Any sixth grader knows the Europeans brought horses to America. You will never forget that avatar. What it means. You can no longer hide from the truth, that little image in your mind won't let you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87251837@N08/8073027708/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dee Lightsum ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 01:19AM

You should use your image to call everyone's attention to the mormon paintings of horses like this:

http://www.mormonthink.com/img/striplingwarriors.jpg

Your image can be the logo for all things idiotic about the book of mormon. With Moroni riding his horse and sounding his trumpet, calling all to the truth: Mormonism is a lie.

Great job on the avatar! If I had a way to distribute it I would.

Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 05:30AM

Dangit, but I was really hoping for a jewish Woody Allen looking guy (think Mort Goldman) on the back of a tapir. I guess I was thinking what reality would have looked like had it actually happened. Wait.....huh?

Posted by: cytokine ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 06:44AM

How about a picture of the Flying Spaghetti Monster appearing to Joseph Smith in the grove?

Edit: Guess I should have Googled first. Here's a great one:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Np_hqDoNsM8/TEtk_Sl0SSI/AAAAAAAAACc/6eAmUuuz80g/s320/Joseph_Smith_Flying_Spaghetti_Monster.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 07:13AM by cytokine.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 12:17PM

I had no idea the FSM had gigantic moobs. Bolted-on, widely-spaced, bad-Hollywood-moob-job moobs, but moobs, nonetheless.

FSM knew what would get HoJo's attention.

---------------------------------

Well done on the graphic, OP!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 09:14AM

It is a classic and could be the international symbol for our movement to expose Mormonism

Ditch the question mark and throw it up on one of the merchandising cafe sites. I would totally buy a T-shirt and mugs.

Anagrammy

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 10:13AM

Alma 18:9

And they said unto him: Behold, he is feeding thy horses. Now the king had commanded his servants, previous to the time of the watering of their flocks, that they should prepare his horses and chariots, and conduct him forth to the land of Nephi; for there had been a great feast appointed at the land of Nephi, by the father of Lamoni, who was king over all the land.

-----------

Also note the lack of the wheel used as a tool anywhere in the Americas.

-----------------

http://www.mormonthink.com/book-of-mormon-problems.htm#significant

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 12:23PM

I remember arguing that the flocks would have to refer to flocks of ducks or some other domesticated bird, because the Ancient Americans did not have sheep. Even then, I couldn't help feeling that it was a stupid theory.

Posted by: The Oncoming Storm - bc ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 12:31PM

It would have to be a flightless bird:

Alma 17:33 And those men again stood to scatter their flocks; but Ammon said unto his brethren: Encircle the flocks round about that they flee not; and I go and contend with these men who do scatter our flocks.

And also something you could herd to water:

Alma 17:27
herefore, as Ammon and the servants of the king were driving forth their flocks to this place of water, behold, a certain number of the Lamanites, who had been with their flocks to water, stood and scattered the flocks of Ammon and the servants of the king, and they scattered them insomuch that they fled many ways.

---------------------

It was probably a flock of cureloms.

Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 10:19AM

He kind of had Joseph Smith's nose

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 10:51AM

I have heard TBMs say for years that this is the one thing not to worry about it. How is it not worrisome?

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 11:51AM

I love the visuals!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.