Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tillamook ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 06:50PM

It seems to be able to do it on its own by the natural force of gravity. What does God have to add?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wise A** ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 07:21PM

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 09:57PM

So then, where does THAT someone come from? ( MJ taught me that)

Posted by: Otremer ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 07:28PM

It seems to me that the cosmos is as it is because it is natural for it to be that way. That doesn't mean there may not be such a concept as Divinity, but that if there is any kind of Deity, the most it can be is the summation of the natural cosmos and not a supernatural entity existing outside of and in control of the cosmos.

Posted by: zoltan ( )
Date: December 29, 2010 09:35PM

Listen...you live in intelligence, it's all around.
Things just don't happen...they are controlled by LAWS...and if you want, call the LAWS...GOD, it makes no difference what you call it...whatever, they exist.

These are the laws of manifestation and it is the laws of manifestation that has brought you forth through the process of evolution.
Evolution is the process of evolving mind. If you look back into the past you will always see some creature that at that time was the most intelligent, of course this creature was the ancestor of man...be it at fish stage, or small rat like thing dodging the dinosaurs, or ape creature...always it was man at the apex of evolution at every stage.

The whole point is this...if the laws of life bring forth intelligence...the laws must be intelligence itself.

Too deep for you, sorry you may need to evolve a bit more to grasp it, as for me it's a very simple thing.
As for the god thing, remember you are not seeing what the ultimate end of evolution is, what will man be in another ten million years, or another billion years.

After all, there's a lot of time left in Earth and the Sun and what makes us think evolution is complete.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 01:57AM

Enquiring minds like mine want to know.

Posted by: blueskyutah ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 04:31AM

Well it is your choice to believe or disbelieve in God, just like it is your choice to believe or disbelieve in mormonism. However, I wouldn't make the mistake that if mormonism is false, then God does not exist. If that is your reasoning, please reconsider.

Rather than ask the question scientifically, try to ask it another way, "do I want to have a relationship with Diety in order to enhance my life?". Your answer may be "no". If so, then by all means, don't pursue it. But I would also add, in the spirit of live and let live, let others who answer "yes" pursue it in the way they will, even without scientific proof.

Posted by: God ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 06:17AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.