Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: puff the magic dragon ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 03:24AM

Hubby hasn't worn his garments for two weeks and he is going through the exact same thing I did when I left the church at the end of Winter. I think it took about 6 weeks for my body to acclimate to not having that extra layer of clothing on. He is walking around our warm home wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt all day. Has anyone else experienced this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 03:30AM

I am really cold. I hate being so cold all the time. Chose the wrong time to make that change...

Posted by: paintinginthewin ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 03:48AM

people determine when to light the wood stove or turn the heater on based on their temperature/ clothes. People determine which clothing to wear-- their layers- the sleeve length, the fabric content, the wool vs the cotton socks with their tennis shoes or work boots- based on the temperature.

You just took off an under layer. When one's chilled, one replaces it either with a different under layer (cotton wife beaters or cotton t shirts) or wool or synthetic or silk thermals (thin or thick many cuts many brands) or sports undergarments (wick moisture)
Before one wore 'garments' which, did not, always meet their purpose- athletically, aesthetically, comfort to temperature.

However taking off all under garments (depending on the weather) would be un nerving.

not everyone lives in southern California, & I was just there and it went down to fifty at night in Riverside and only 80 during the day. Changing zones traveling I really notice it- I needed different layers at night going out * and a wool hoodie my favorite sweater.

you can change the temperatures- you do not just do the same thing the same way with less clothes on... perhaps one ran the AC more than one needs to with less clothes on, or one turns the heater on sooner, or adds hot soups and stews and hot drinks sooner- than one did earlier. You can notice how you feel and respond & its ok to do that, to notice not just ignore or suffer through you can be there in your skin feel it and respond in a way that is comforting.

some people do not just 'take away' they 'add' so when some take away some garments they add or explore and add victoria secret and cuddle duds or silk thermals, or find wicking hiking and biking and sports layering under layers to incorporate- add a whole new color zone to their life.
Its ok, not just to 'take away'

Posted by: moonbeam ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 04:41AM

Boxer briefs. Tshirt. Solved!

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 05:58AM

I was about to say this, and since most "gentile" underclothing is made to a higher standard then the Lord bothers to achieve, they will actually keep you warmer.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 06:03AM

For some reason I was hoping this was going to be a thread about freezing ones head after they die.

Posted by: pronto285 ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 07:39AM

I hate all of you. Im in central tx. It was 85 Yesterday. You bastards.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 09:14AM

I know, right? It should be about 88 today in North Florida. THis morning, it was 57ยบ on my porch. I had to wear socks today.

Posted by: rose2008 ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 09:02AM

I definitely had that experience. I stopped wearing my elephant skins at the beginning of January in 2010. I particularly noticed it with my stomach.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 09:12AM

I suggest that he buy a fleece sweater to wear. They are warm and comfortable.

Here in northern Maryland we had the first frost of the fall season yesterday morning. I heat the house with a wood pellet stove, but I probably won't have to use that for another three or four weeks.

I wear a fleece sweater (or two of them) through the winter months. Right this moment I have my four month old Morkie puppy asleep on my lap. He is like an electric heating pad, but no electricity is required.

Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 09:17AM

That's why we did it in the summer. Actually, that was a happy accident.

Date: October 12, 2012 09:22AM

Secretly that is what I have been thinking. Why didn't he just leave in the Summer??? :) Then he would be adjusted while we freeze our heinies off.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 09:22AM

If hubby is freezing, keep him from going back to garments by using other means to warm him up. If that means wearing some smoking hot underwear of your own, so be it.

Just kidding. No, actually, I'm not. : )

They make lightweight, silk-cotton blend, form fitting boxer briefs and tshirts for men that are great for this purpose. He wouldn't need that extra layer then! The silk is the difference, amazing stuff. Overstock used to have them.

Or what about Beefy Ts? All cotton or cotton blends, but they're thicker than the average t shirt.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 10:11PM

get him a snuggie

Posted by: DTA Fan ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 11:10PM

Dave,

I'll be your personal snuggie! ;-)

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 10:17PM

I had a similar experience with a haircut. I went from waist length hair to pixie cut, in one go, in the dead of winter. I had not idea how insulating my long hair was until it was gone!

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 10:21PM

Golden showers. Warms you right up.

Or, you know, a sweatshirt. Less kinky, if you don't play that way.

Date: October 12, 2012 10:37PM

Sorry....no golden showers here!

He did say he would like new t-shirts to wear under his sweatshirts tonight. I am going shopping!

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 10:53PM

Just sayin'... cuz someone's gotta be that guy.

Super warm wool socks do so much, too!

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 10:46AM

Gross haha you would be that guy!

Date: October 13, 2012 10:48AM

Wrong place...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 10:48AM by fidget.

Posted by: kyle ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 11:18PM

Move here to Florida.. no sweatpants needed.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 12:08AM

I'm working in California temporarily. The past few weeks have been hot but it's suddenly down to what would otherwise be normal for this time of year. Presto, a bunch of people are in extra layers -- jackets, scarves, hats... Come on, people, it's in the 70s, not 50s. It's just about perfect.

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 01:24AM

He could also wear flannel pajama pants when just hanging around the house along with the boxers and t-shirt. That's usually what my husband wears.

Posted by: Defendreality ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 10:35AM

I wore those silky ones, they never kept me warm! The cotton ones always chaffed my nips LOL

Date: October 13, 2012 10:49AM

My husband is like a werewolf lmao

He never wears layers and hasn't worn a shirt indoors since we got married.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.