Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 12, 2012 02:35PM

Six flags over Georgia. I stopped going to the temple after I moved to Florida, but the Atlanta temple was our assigned temple. Once a year, we got up early, loaded into the cars, drove for four hours then did a baptism session before having dinner at a restaurant, then driving back.

There were a couple of years we went to Hard Rock and Fudruckers, and a bunch of the Utah transplants complained that they did not like saying the name of the places. We told them they didn't have to say the name, just eat the hamburgers. After we went to Fudruckers the first time, our super TBM bishop who almost vetoed it, made it the unofficial stop every year afterwards.

We also could have gone to the Atlanta or Memphis Aquariums. Both places have very reasonable prices, I think Memphis was free back then, the Coca Cola Museum, or the Atlanta Underground. I did take a group of renegade young single adults with me the first time I went to the Coca-Cola museum, and we did sample all of the then forbidden coke products that they had free samples for.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.