Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: questioning ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 10:27AM

I was thinking the other day about how Mormons teach that god has a body of flesh & bones, likewise I assume his goddess wife must also. Since the Mormons are so big on the pre-existence, why are the babies they produce spirits and not flesh and bones like the mother & father? I don't get it...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: scarecrowfromoz ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 10:32AM

Well, they must have had bodies to fight the whole war in heaven, and been adults. Then, magically, before they are born on earth, they change from adults with bodies into spirits, so they can be born here.

Like most things in mormonism, it doesn't make sense. Just close your mind, hear the words about spirit babies, believe, and don't worry about the details.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: October 13, 2012 12:32PM

That has not yet been revealed. Hahahahahahahaaha!

That question has crossed my mind before. I think "revelations" are more of a series of creative writings that get strewn together and stitched together to create a philosophic fabric. This is just another example of the parts that did not make it through the final scripting and proof reading phase of the "religion". It is unfortunate that we come up with these questions that have no answer and that really should not have a beginning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2012 12:33PM by cheezus.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.