Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: puck ( )
Date: December 30, 2010 11:56PM

which was sad (am I the only one that shows up late the the party, or have topics been closed faster?). But as my name was called, I am here to assist!

Especially if your "name-brand east coast school" is, as we say when asked where we go to school, "Oh, it's in the Boston area."

Anyway, as much as some others have faith in me, I did not grow up in Utah or out west or down south or anything. I grew up in New England, but in a crazy strict, uber-mormon family. I, too, am the only one to not attend BYU (Idaho, actually) and have been made the outcast. I had left the mormon church before college, but I've seen people leave throughout their college careers. It's hard no matter what, especially when your siblings suddenly are ashamed of you and your mother is wondering what she did wrong/different with you. I get that. So do others.

I'm a senior in college now, and things don't get much easier family wise, but the world is vast and diversity is good. Feel free to email (bostona4@yahoo.com) me anytime.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 09:39AM

Hope it helps!

:-)

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 12:57PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.