Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 02:32AM

You said your nephew was going to D.R. Congo on a mission. I lived there until a short time ago and would like to write him or you and send pictures, maybe give some information, if it's okay.

Email: blubergamo@hotmail.com

I don't think he'll actually set foot in Kinshasa, but would probably go directly to Yaounde or Douala, Cameroon, where they tend to send the US missionaries rather than to the Congo where it's more nasty and dangerous. Truthfully, they protect and insulate the American kids and give the nasty stuff to the indigenous Africans. And when there is military/political violence, they evacuate only the Americans, leaving the African missionaries to fend for themselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 02:45AM

If you don't want to share your email addy I would be happy to swap mail for you.

ExMoLight@gmail.com RfM Admin

Date: December 31, 2010 10:48AM

Anyway, DangerZone never contacted me. I was going to send pictures and information and suggest a particularly helpful book for anyone going to the region.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: December 31, 2010 01:27PM

I hope they do contact you one way or another. Your "on the ground" insight will be a big help. I sure was glad when you made it back, it is so dangerous over there.

Date: December 31, 2010 05:40PM

Dismal, dangerous, sucky place. I don't miss seeing dead people on the side of the roads.

My best friend just married one of our Congolese friends and has now gotten her to the states. I'd love to follow them around through the stores and malls and watch her expressions. He's lucky, too--she's beautiful.

And yes, I keep answering you, knowing that this will bounce the message back up to the top.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.