Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 03:17PM

I didn't realize that the original post was overtly political, but it was deleted so I am re-posting it now with a slightly different subject. I do not consider this to be a political post, but an interesting look at how even the cultural Mormons were "touched" by having an LDS candidate for president.

The following is from a wealthy California dentist and cultural Mormon. He and his wife thought the temple ceremony was "weird" and did not attend for many years until their own children were married. They are also the type to skip church and go boating on Sunday.

"AMERICA JUST LOST THE BEST AND ONLY CHANCE TO SAVE THE COMING GENERATIONS FROM MOUNTAINOUS DEBT, RAMPANT INFLATION AND STRONGER , MORAL LEADERSHIP. MITT WAS A GOD-GIVEN GIFT TO PULL US OUT OF ALMOST INSURMOUNTABLE FISCAL DEFICITS. IN MY OPINION, HE WOULD HAVE FAR EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS AND WOULD HAVE BEEN RECORDED AS ONE OF AMERICA'S GREATEST PRESIDENTS.
IN THE COMING MONTHS WE WILL WITNESS THE CONTINUED RAPID DEGRADATION OF THE AMERICAN LIFESTYLE, INFRASTRUCTURE AND URBAN CONDITION, EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, FREEDOM AND RESPECT AROUND THE WORLD, HOMELAND SECURITY AND NATIONAL DEFENSE, AND FAMILY VALUES. OUR CREDIT RATING WILL DROP, OUR DOLLAR WILL LOSE VALUE, OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM WILL BECOME SECOND TIER AND OUR WELFARE AND UNEMPLOYMENT ROLLS WILL CLIMB HIGHER.
THE COUNTRY WILL BE FURTHER DIVIDED ALONG RACIAL AND SOCIOECONOMIC LINES LEADING TO CONFRONTATION AND RIOTING. STATE GOVERNMENT AND UNION WORKERS WILL NOT HAVE THEIR FULL PENSION BENEFITS HONORED. MEDICARE AND SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS WILL BE CUT BACK SUBSTANTIALLY.
UNFORTUNATELY, WE HAVE JUST LOST OUR ONE CHANCE TO CHANGE THIS COUNTRY'S DIRECTION. WE WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES.
LANA AND I AND SO MANY OTHERS TRIED VERY HARD OVER THE LAST 4 YEARS TO REPLACE OUR INCOMPETENT PRESIDENT WITH THE RIGHT GUY. ABOUT 50% OF THE COUNTRY LISTENED. THE REST LOOKED AWAY FROM OBAMA'S FAILED ECONOMIC AND FOREIGN POLICIES, HIS CLASS WARFARE AND HIS POOR LEADERSHIP. THEY FAILED TO SEE HIS DISTAIN FOR ISRAEL, HIS ROLE IN THE FAST AND FURIOUS SCANDAL AND THE BENGHAZI DEBACLE. THEY VOTED FOR HIM BECAUSE HE WAS COOL, BLACK, HAD A "D" BEHIND HIS NAME, "HE WILL GIVE ME MORE STUFF" OR "HE GOT BIN LADEN."
WE WILL ALL PAY FOR THE STUPIDITY AND LAZINESS OF A GOOD PORTION OF OUR NATION. I FEEL SORRY FOR MITT, HIS FAMILY AND ALL THE HARDWORKING TEAM THAT TRIED TO ENLIGHTEN THE ELECTORATE. MOST OF ALL, I FEEL SORRY FOR AMERICA-- A ONCE GREAT AND HONORABLE NATION.
SINCERELY, XXX XXXXXXX"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2012 03:18PM by facsimile3.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 03:18PM

It's all good now, you're in the political window!

And yeah, 'touched' is putting it nicely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2012 03:19PM by WinksWinks.

Posted by: apikoros ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 03:33PM

Mega-weird, and more than a little scary ... but I've seen variations of it cropping up all over the place today.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 03:37PM

Yes, a psychotic episode with unrestrained paranoia thrown in for good measure is always the right response when things don't go your way. If you're under the age of 6.

Posted by: shadowspade ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 03:39PM

I was a little surprised by how overtly angry mormons were by the loss. I expected them to be able to hide their crazy a bit better.

Many family members talked about how evil the country is and cited scriptures. One niece said she is "TERRIFIED for the next 4 years" and I really wanted to ask "of what, precisely?"

All the comments about how, well now they know Christ is coming soon because of the evil in the world. Really folks? So the holocaust of Jews in Nazi Germany, the murder of millions in Stalin's Russia, the killing fields in Cambodia. Those weren't enough to get jesus off his ass but electing Obama to a second term, that's the last straw! These people can't even use simple logic before they spout off.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 03:39PM

You might want to point out that the last time that this country ran a surplus instead of a deficit was under the DEMOCRAT Bill Clinton, and that it was the REPUBLICAN George Bush who took this country back into an ENORMOUS deficit.

But is it any surprise that ANOTHER Morgbot doesn't know history?

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 03:43PM

I'd like to say (and yes this is RELEVANT) +14 TRILLION to that, sonoma.

(for those with zero skills in reading for comprehension, math, and calendar-reading, $14 Trillion was the gift old Gee Dub left under the Xmas Tree for the next administration)

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:29PM

You need to do your homework. Bill Clinton with the help of Janet Reno pushed for the sub-prime lending practice without a single vote. She did so by fining banks for "prima fascia" lending practices which forced banks to lend to unqualified borrowers based on race. It continued with the help of many lawmakers like Mario Cuomo and organizations such as ACORN (with Obama as a ranking member). In addition, HUD, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mack were its worst offenders in loan underwriting. George Bush's fault was not stopping it. But how could he with the likes of "no justice no peace" Maxine Waters screaming racism at every turn. Timothy Canova professor of international economic law at Chapman University of Law in Orange, california said: History should deal harshly with Bill Clinton.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:37PM

Wow! Chapman University of Law!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Chapman College is an overpriced private school for arch conservative nouveau riche douche-bags who couldn't even make it into Pepperdine!

Date: November 07, 2012 06:00PM

Wow. Sounding like mormon apologists a bit.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:43PM

because NONE of what just dribbled out from your keyboard is true. NONE of it.

If you weren't so damned intellectually lazy, you'd fact-check yourself.

Problem is, you believe what you want to believe, and to hell with the facts.

Date: November 07, 2012 06:51PM

Great American Bank Robbery by Paul Sperry. Well documented over 6000 pages, half of which are references.

Posted by: xyz ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:45PM

You really think laws like the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act were all Bill Clinton's fault?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:46PM

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 03:42PM

Hate to tell this dude, but it already is, as measured by infant mortality, life expectancy, access to medical care, etc.

Other-countries-beat-us-hands-down-ly yrs,

S

Posted by: popolvuh ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 03:50PM

Hahaha, second tier, that's rich! In 2000 we were already down in 37th tier ROTFLMFAO!!!

Cultural moron, I mean mormon, wow, why even bother? Just suck the koolaid and pay yur frigging tithing and stop pretending you're not just another morgbot. Just because you boat on Sundays instead of attending the snoozefest doesn't mean squat.

Posted by: Facsimile 3 ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 03:56PM

I have filed the original email in my "Failed Predictions" folder. After a few years when the sky has not fallen, I will reply to the entire distribution and ask them all to reassess their feelings.

Posted by: BI ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:27PM

+1 Love it!

Posted by: hellcat ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 04:12PM

Mormons didn't allow blacks the preisthood till 1978, America won't allow Mormons to be president! Hahaha I love it

Posted by: acerbicone ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:44PM

and I am pretty darn sure they skip church to jet ski on Sunday.

Posted by: snowball ( )
Date: November 07, 2012 07:49PM

This prediction of disaster has about as much staying power as the one about becoming rich off the Kirtland Anti-banking Safety Society.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.