Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anonforthisone ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 10:35AM

SO I was at a party full of TBM's yesterday. I am very pregnant and its all anyone ever wants to talk about with me or my spouse. My spouse told someone about how hard it is to sleep (because after so many months you can't sleep on your stomach or back and you have to pee 80 times a night), and one of the grandmas exclaimed "don't you know thats just heavenly father's way of getting you ready to take care of the baby?"

excuse me? what the hell is his problem? he wants me to be even more sleep deprived because WHY? being sleep deprived isn't a skill like painting or cooking, it just sucks and it gets worse the more it happens.

The party was pretty awkward because I've never been mormon (though my spouse used to be) and I am nothing like any of the women and none of the men want to talk to a pregnant woman. I chowed down before the food blessing without thinking and probably did a lot of other taboo things without realizing. I forget that other people believe in magic and it ruins parties.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 10:39AM

giant WTF.

Mormon tbms don't realize when they're Off The Track.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 10:40AM

Hope your delivery is an uncomplicated and thrilling event as mine were. Enjoy sleeping on your tummy and holding your darling new baby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2012 10:44AM by Cheryl.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 10:42AM

morning sickness anyone? That is one of the questions I'd like to ask a God if there is one.

BUT, yep, stupid comments.

My twins were born 27 years ago tomorrow (only pregnancy) and I agree with Cheryl. It was by far the best day of my life. It is difficult being a new mother because you are tired--but those 2 kids are my reason for living.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 10:49AM

They forgot the more obvious explanation. God just loves a good joke at our expense.

How lucky your kid is to not be born Mormon!

Posted by: tig ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 11:46AM

Mormon God hates pregnant women unless he was the one that got to get them pregnant. Yep, that jives with joe's philosophy.

Posted by: ness ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 12:23PM

I'm eight and half months pregnant.
I thought God was getting us ready to be pregnant for eternity. Screw that. I was done by month 7.

The first thing I'm doing after my delivery is sleeping on my back all night.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 12:32PM

ness Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The first thing I'm doing after my delivery is
> sleeping on my back all night.

Unless you have a Wet Nurse... I wouldn't count on that 'all night' thing for a while....

just sayin'

Date: November 20, 2012 12:41PM

Ah, true. xD
Just wishful thinking.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 12:43PM

Count on not doing it for several years and then wait until they are teenagers or even in their 20s.

Or ever.

I was always a deep sleeper--not anymore. And they've been around 27 years.
Once you have kids, sleep patterns entirely change.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2012 12:57PM by cl2.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 06:36PM

It seemed like 1/2 the women in the Lethbridge 3rd Ward were always preggers back in the 50's and 60's....

Ron Burr

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 06:43PM

that's right...
and postpartum depression is a loving heavenly father's way of culling the herd, doncha know

Posted by: danboyle ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 06:52PM

If you have been through the temple, you know that "pain in child birth" is god getting even with Eve for eating the apple. He really carries a grudge....

Posted by: mistydiamond ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 07:50PM

I've often said that if there is a God, he clearly hates women and favors men. ;)

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 11:01PM

That's true, and if someone happens to have severe morning sickness for most of the pregnancy, then God must have really hated her.

Posted by: southern should login ( )
Date: November 20, 2012 11:51PM

I <3 eating before the food is blessed. And then when they all stand around with their heads bowed and arms crossed like kids I just look at them and smile a little.

I'm such a pill for people who try to tell me that being uncomfortable during pregnancy and birth is because of God. I love to bring up things like chiropractic care to help pregnant women sleep easier and Oh the birth thing hahaha. When people tell me that pain in childbirth is necessary because of God's will, I explain to them what hypnobirthing is. I've yet to ask if a woman who births naturally and without much if any pain is in defiance of God's will... perhaps next time >:)

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 01:21AM

I had quick, easy deliveries. Not painless but no worse than doing any other really hard work and overstraining muscles that aren't up to that demand. (Of course, I had Braxton-Hicks contractions starting week 3 right up to delivery, both kids, so I might have been in the best shape of my life for that job. I'm not the best at exercising other muscles.) ;)

Posted by: ginger ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 01:32AM

Same here. I had pretty good pregnancies. I didn't gain a lot of weight and had pretty quick labors. My third child came so fast I had to have him natural. That is the most pain I have ever been in. Other than that, it wasn't too bad.

Date: November 21, 2012 12:07PM

pain in childbirth is necessary because of God's will
^

Hypocritical boneheads... Ask them next time they get sick they shouldn't seek medical help, since sickness is part of God's will.

Funny story:
A pastor in Texas was preaching to his congregation that pain medication was evil during child birth, since pain was part of God's punishment of Eve.
The next day, the women came in and unplugged his AC and told him he should work "By the sweat of your brow."

Posted by: missguided ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 01:16AM

God hates single women, working women, single mothers, intellectual women, and now when we work so hard popping out more members for his one true church, he just punishes us some more.
Sounds like God has a mommy-issues complex.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 01:21AM

Posted by: Once More ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 01:21PM

Pregnant women are already pregnant. They are not an immediate target for the holy penishood.

Therefore, no man should waste time conversing with them.

The penishood would prefer that women got pregnant and bore children without ever looking pregnant. That would be ideal. Every pregnant wife causes severe cognitive dissonance in the penishood. Popping out potential mormons is good. Looking pregnant is a real buzz kill for the perpetual adolescence of the penishood.

Posted by: anonymommy ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 02:10PM

cured me of EVER contracting baby fever again.

One and done. Some women enjoy being pregnant, and that's fine, but it's not my cup of tea. The first time I felt DD kick I was very creeped out. I felt like a fish was out of water and flopping around inside of me. ick.

All I could eat was carrots, peanut butter, and bacon.

DH started talking about wanting to have another baby. I gave him a puppy instead :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.