Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: smorg ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 12:56AM

Seems the local Mormon visitor center is getting its senior missionaries to do post-election PR ( http://elderandsisterrockwell.blogspot.com/2012/11/doing-public-relations.html ). I wonder if this is just the local mission stuff or is it church wide (curious what sort of stats prompted it).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2012 12:57AM by smorg.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 03:52AM

"....the Negros..."?!?!?!?!

You've gotta be kidding me.

I understand that historically speaking, that was the term at the time, but it's 2012, lady.

Date: November 21, 2012 10:49AM

I know. I actually ran into this couple a few months ago. They're from a lily white area of Utah and never had any significant contact with non-whites.

I think we were talking about their area (they're by a college and surrounded by lots of good Vietnamese pho joints... I'm sort of jealous!) when the elder started musing about how skin color doesn't matter after all and that 'people are people'... I guess getting to live in ethnically diverse area for the first time in their lives is making them think a bit (tho they still have more thinking to do, of course). They're okay, really. Just spent too much of their lives in a shell.

Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 11:28AM

Ignorant equals calling someone "Negro" WTF kind of PR is that? PR for the KKK?

Date: November 21, 2012 11:41AM

That's the ironic bit, I guess. The trouble with TSCC calling people to do things based on 'inspiration' rather than by competence. :oP Wonder what'd happen if they let slip lingo like that while talking PR to the chamber of commerce... Bwahaha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2012 11:41AM by smorg.

Posted by: nickname ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 01:10PM

They might have just been using the term from the movie. I haven't seen Lincoln yet, but if its even slightly historically accurate, then "Negro" is the term they would use to describe blacks.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 12:20PM

Oh boy. I'm glad they got themselves an edjemication from the moving picture show....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.