Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mormoney ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 04:52PM

It's been an interesting journey since taking the red pill has certainly turned up a lot of weird doctrines, past and present.

I had never heard of the Adam-God doctrine until the moment that I turned from TBM to apostate. The part about Adam/God coming down in person and knocking on Mary's door and having literal intercourse with her to impregnate her was just mind blowing.

Parts of this doctrine however have survived. Even though it's no longer believed that Adam/Michael/God was the one who did the deed, but "Elohim", the whole physical impregnation thing still stands. Modern church leaders such as McConkie have taken a bizarre move in redefining the word virgin as a woman who has had sex with a "mortal" man. Therefore because she had sex with an immortal man, she's still a virgin according to this new and everlasting definition change. Though I doubt the English Professors over at Oxford would agree.

Apparently, this idea of the physical knockupification of Mary by God was perpetuated by church leaders including Joseph F and Fielding Smith, Talmage, Melvin Ballard, Clark, McConkie and Benson to some degree.

This of course isn't proof of anything, because if the mormon church were true, then so would be this doctrine (at least until they decide to change doctrine again). However, knowing all else, it shows the absurdities of mormon doctrine. It's also a piece of doctrine that while still may be quazi official, it's not discussed or taught in church, obviously, because I've never heard it from the pulpit. Why? Is it because most TBM's themselves would have a hard time accepting it? One of those milk before meat things, or meat before booze? Sounds more like weed before crack to me.

It's interesting to learn, when you finally decide to open up the books on church history, that all this stuff comes out the woodwork. Both past and present. It's not just church history that bugs me, or that I have a problem with. My problems with the church and religion are more specifically to do with events of over a period of about the last 4,000 years up right until about today.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2012 04:54PM by Mormoney.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 04:55PM

knockupification.. lol.
This bit of doctrine should be made known to all xtian investigators. Most of them would go ape shiz about it.

Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: November 21, 2012 05:51PM

I have had a rabid, rabid appetite for church history, church doctrine, and all things church bad or good ever since I stopped believing. I could never be persuaded to lift a finger to look at church history while an believing member.

Hearing about the crazy speculative theories makes you wonder--why don't they debate those things any more? I listened to Damon Smith's podcast on Mormon Stories and it all made a lot more sense--since I was raised post/during Correlation, even if rumors of those formerly crazy beliefs were still around.

I wonder if I could get a pre-Nativity scene with the not-so-immaculate conception included.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.