Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Leah ( )
Date: December 04, 2012 03:07PM

From the Daily Mail -

Spanish Fork couple who already have 6 kids is trying to keep a black baby from the father who never consented to the adoption.

They knew within days that the father wanted to keep his baby but tried to adopt her anyway.
Lots of lies involved by the birth mother and the Utah adoption agency!

A judge already ruled that the child must be returned to the father within 60 days.

Now the family is using those 60 days to solicit funds via the web in order to fight the father.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kablam ( )
Date: December 04, 2012 03:22PM

Ugh I was reading about this last night so disgusted!!!

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55373764-78/achane-adoption-bland-child.html.csp?page=1

These people are sick! Just because they wanted a another baby (they already had 5!) That gives them the right to steal one?!
And they have raised over $20,000 for a retrial?!
Here is their paypal/testimony page.

http://frei-adoption.com/Frei/Leah.html

Dripping with TBM BUll#$%^

I would really like to donate money to the father fighting to get his daughter back.
Utah is soooo corrupt. Add adoption scandals to the ever growing list of Utah's accomplishments. KSL did a sting back in May about how adoption agencies will coach the birth mothers to lie just so they can put illegal adoptions through.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=20436437

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 03:26PM by Kablam.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: December 04, 2012 03:24PM

Earlier this year, a soap opera had a plot about a woman who was going to have a son and had planned to go to Utah to let the baby be adopted so the birth father wouldn't have any say about the fate of his kid. The baby was stillborn.

Posted by: B. Wilderred ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 06:14AM

Stillborn? Really? How can anyone be sure? Claiming an infant to be dead sounds like the perfect way to stop people from searching for a missing child. If I were the injured parent I would seriously demand DNA tests to prove the deceased child was indeed mine.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 03:28PM

Since it was part of the plot of a Soap Opera, there is no telling.

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: December 04, 2012 06:03PM

From the article (Salt Lake Trib link) in the OP:
"On a blog about the case, where the Freis have raised more than $20,000 to help with legal bills, they vow to appeal McDade’s decision, describing the arrival of Achane’s daughter in their lives 'a righteous desire blessed to fruition by God.'

'We have not lost our conviction that we are in the right!!!!!!' Kristi Frei wrote after McDade’s Nov. 20 ruling dismissed their adoption petition. 'We have only ever wanted to do right by Leah, and have always felt we have been acting in her best interest to keep her with our family and raise her as our own. Our hearts have demanded it — there has never been any question to us that she is OURS!!!'"
---------------------------

It is common knowledge that the more exclamation points you use, the more right and righteous you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, we have a white and delightsome Mormon couple vs. a "not very religious" man with the mark of Cain.
Is there any question whose side Mormon HF and Mormon Jesus are on????????????????????????????????????
(Disclaimer: No proof YET that multiple question marks are imbued with the same righteous mojo as multiple exclamation points, but I'm hedging my bets.)

InTheNameOfMormonsAreSoMuchBetterThanYouAndObviouslySooooooMuchBetterThanThisLowlyBirthFather
Ahhhh, men

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2012 06:04PM by Surrender Dorothy.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 09:19AM

Posted by: Carrots Tomatoes and Radishes ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 09:59AM

YAY!!!! That's wonderful to hear! :)

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: December 04, 2012 11:17PM

If anyone want to donate to help the father, there is a phone number listed in the comments section.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55373764-78/achane-adoption-bland-child.html.csp?page=3#disqus_thread

This is just so disgusting, that these self righeous arsewipes would try and take this man's daughter from him, when he has done everything to try and track her down after the his wife did a runner.

Posted by: sometimes lurker ( )
Date: December 04, 2012 11:33PM

Thanks for pointing it out. A good mormon would do everything possible to reverse or fix the situation.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: December 04, 2012 11:34PM

Seriously though, I think the father has rights.

Posted by: crafty ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 12:35AM

I'm all for adoption when it is the choice of both birth parents. This adoptive mother is lying. They KNEW at the birth that the father had not signed his parental rights away and there was a chance that the adoption may not go through. And they say on their blog that the father left in the 7th month of pregnancy. He was in the ARMY for god's sake and got sent to SC! It's sad because obviously the child has bonded with this family but they and the birth mother lied.

This is not the first time I've heard of a birth mother specially traveling to UT to give birth because of the easier adoption laws and termination of parental rights.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 12:40AM

So I guess my question is what is it about Utah (and the church) that makes the adoption laws so back-ass-ward?

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 12:41AM

I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with Normans.

Posted by: motherwhoknows ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 12:45AM

Newborn babies are the Mormon cult's number one source of new members.

Date: December 05, 2012 01:54AM

If they relied only on converts the church would already be dead.

Posted by: misterzelph ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 01:00AM

What you are really saying--- that Utah and the church steals children from other states--and if that's true---that's disgusting.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 01:25AM

I believe Mormon adoption agencies advertise in other states.

Also, there is heavy morg pressure on unwed Mormon girls and their TBM parents to give the babies to temple married couples.
This is an inhumane practise and smacks of retribution mentality straight from the 1800s.

Adoption may be necessary in a few cases, but not the way it is pushed by the morg.
And certainly not the way it is pushed by Utah adoption agencies as a profitable cash transaction for themselves.

Posted by: danceogden ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 02:20AM

I was a birth mother in Utah 10 years ago. The reason why it's so easy to bypass a birth father in the adoption process is this: the law states that if a man as sex with a woman, he must assume that sex resulted in a pregnancy and a birth. He has to assume this. The birth mother has no legal obligation to tell him that he is preggo.

The church met my babies birth father in a parking lot at Winegars and he signed over his parental rights when He was 15 so that I could go through with the adoption. They didn't need his signature but they said it made the paperwork a whole lot easier. His parents didn't know he signed his rights away. The church even encouraged me to bribe him with a $500 gift card to his favorite store in the Newgate mall. He took the bait, signed his rights away and we have a child somewhere out there.

Posted by: Mon ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 04:21AM

I know a girl that became pregnent in Australia to a nonmember, she was 17 or 18, the father did not want to adopt out the baby, he said he would raise it, his parents agreed to support him in this. The girls family whos father worked for LDS social services, secrectly flew her out to Utah and she stayed there until she gave birth, for 6 months or so. Then she adopted out the baby through LDS social services. I was horrified, this was not the 1950's this was in 2002, 10 years ago.

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 05:09AM

http://frei-adoption.com/Frei/Update.html

November 20th - The Ruling

We lost. Judge McDade ruled outright against us. We are having a hard time believing it is actually true. Our hearts have sunk deeply upon learning this news tonight.....but not completely. We still need time to process the judge's 48-page order, but in initial review with our attorney we feel very hopeful STILL that we will move forward and win on appeal. We have not lost our conviction that we are in the right!

Date: December 05, 2012 03:26PM

Hahaha I couldn't figure out why their page looked so nice and then at the bottom it says "made on a mac" and that is why! Macs have website presets that make everything look really good.

That's one thing I really can't stand is how Mormons try and make everything look so perfect. It's so shallow! I mean there's no shame in trying to make a webpage look nice, but they try and make it seem like they're the most perfect thing in the world.

Posted by: Outcast ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 03:32PM

Why the F did the judge give them 60 days? Two freaking months?

The order should have been IMMEDIATELY if not sooner.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 05, 2012 09:18PM

I read about that in the news. I think this is going to put the screws to the adoption agencies in UT. They have been getting away with this kind of nonsense for decades. Time to put a stop to it.

They prolong the whole process of returning the child that only makes it more difficult on the child who has become attached to it's adoptive caregivers. But I really think, in this case, there will be a strong, loving family to help this little one to adjust to her new family!

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 10:31AM

Am I right in thinking UT has no children in foster care because they've all been adopted out? Or maybe this is how the church will increase the number of people of color in the church.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 11:16AM

This is about baby-trafficing and it seems like the Mormon prospective-adopters are the worst offenders. They don't want to take a child from foster care and deal with the poor child's traumas and issues -- they want a blank slate to imprint themselves on. (Oh, and God told them that someone else's baby was just for them.)

Date: January 28, 2013 11:18AM

Don't Mormons believe that babies choose which family to be born into? If that's true, how do they explain adoption?

Posted by: the one and only ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 11:00AM

I think 60 days is actually good. As a foster parent we often transition kiddos from our house to a new hopefully forever home and it takes time to have a good transition. I don't think the family will do a smooth transition, but that's what the time is for.

If you think the church has any reach into Utah foster care you are wrong. In fact most of the people I have worked with, foster parents, caseworkers, resource consultants, advocate, trainers etc etc are not mormon. There are some that are, but they tend to be more relaxed ones. Utah was sued a few years back and it brought around some huge changes to the foster care system.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 01:52PM

In my post above, I was being rather sarcastic. I know many couples wants babies and yet there are many children in foster care looking for homes. Or maybe mormons just want babies so they can start brainwashing them as soon as possible.

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 01:20PM

SGT Achane is being incredibly forgiving about the whole thing. After having his daughter stolen, the Freis refusing to return her or even allow him to see her, and then slandering him on their blog, SGT Achane is allowing them to visit his daughter to make the transition easier and publicly says that they raised her right, instead of denouncing them for the child kidnappers they are. And he's not religious. The Freis are strongly religious, as is the birth mother, and all of them used religion to justify their actions.

Date: January 28, 2013 01:31PM

Sounds like he's the better parent. I'm so glad he got his baby back.

Posted by: rracer ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 01:39PM

Is this kind of behavior normal in the mormon church? Any other organization and law enforcement agency would call this kidnapping.

Posted by: Naomi ( )
Date: January 28, 2013 01:57PM

In fact, SGT Achane's attorney called it human trafficking, and it seems that the court agreed.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.