Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 4t4mag ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 08:55PM

I hear that there are going to be 20 new missions opening and/or 20 new mission presidents called. Do mission presidents pay their own way? I know when I was the mission financier I would always give the president his monthly allowance, I never knew where that came from.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sillysally ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 09:03PM

I'm pretty sure the "20 new missions" are not necessarliy 'new' missions, TSCC is merely combining missions around the world. There will be less missions, so the 'new' missions are new in the sense that they are combined missions. If they call new mission presidents, the mission presidents don't pay their own way, the Church pays for all expenses including things like christmas gifts, cars, tuition for children, etc.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 09:05PM

Exactly. And Mission Presidents very much get paid. Jesus Smith exposed this recently..

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 09:15PM

Is that kind of like how you create more stakes, by changing the number of units that make up a stake?

Also, they don't split Stakes anymore, they take a couple units from this Stake, and a couple of units from this other one. Since Mormons have a ton of kids each, they are probably still growing, but it probably isn't even keeping up with their birth rates

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2012 09:17PM by forbiddencokedrinker.

Posted by: John Smithson ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 09:36PM

Looks like missions in Europe and Japan are really contracting. My old mission in Japan is going soon. There will be only 4 or 5 left there now.

It's been more than 30 years since I was in Japan as a missionary. And almost 25 years since I left the Mormon Church. Still, I remember some of the Japanese church members very fondly. They gave up a lot to live as Mormons in Japan. I wonder what happened to them. I hope they are happy.

Date: December 15, 2012 10:27PM

So, I just read the MP's handbook. That pretty well explains it. I was paying my mission president about $6500 a month, in Chile none the less. While the missionaries had $89 a month to eat.

The mormon church is guilty of tax fraud!!

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 10:34PM

Thanks for posting the figures. We need more people like you to step forward with the actual facts. Names and figures with verification possible. Then distribute the information across the exmormon sites and to sympathetic public figures.

That's the only way the lying will ever be exposed for sure.

When the Mormon candidate (his name is a banned word here on RfM) said his lie about Chrysler planning to build jeeps in China, the vice president of Chrysler tweeted him "you are full of shit."

A man who knows the truth confronting the Mormon who is lying. We need more of that - and I mean real time, on the spot confronting. Is there a former mission president reading this? Well, next time you read in the paper that so-and-so has claimed that Mormon clergy are unpaid TWEET YOUR SALARY AND SIGN WITH YOUR OWN NAME.

Be like anointedone - a light on a hill shining on the lie that Mormonism is a light on a hill.

Anagrammy

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 11:30PM

just to be clear, 4t4, the MP's allowance-was this all just for MP's personal and family expenses, or did that amount include rents for cars and the Mission Home, school fees, mission entertainments, etc.?

Date: December 15, 2012 10:55PM

What about MP's expenses back home, like their car, motorcycle and house payments? Do they have to sell off everything? If they have no savings, no job while they are away what do?

Posted by: Cynthia ( )
Date: December 15, 2012 11:16PM

I know they don't sell their homes. I have been to the homes of the mission presidents my son's served under.

Posted by: greenkat ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 02:25PM

Do they pay their expenses back home with it, or do they pay for the rent where they are living in the mission? What exactly do they spend their stipend on?
I know of a guy who was an anglo bishop in Far East who went to prostitutes with it. He "repented" and is still active with only viciously angry wife.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.