Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nancy Rigdon ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 09:27AM

NO!

I get so sick of hearing excuses and rationalizations for god's absence for the children who died, but the praises and credit god gets for the ones who lived. You can't have it both ways.

Instead of asking questions based on the premise that god exists, why not ask the question based on the premise that he doesn't exist?

How would these events and all other tragedies in the world unfold if god didn't exist?
Suppose there is no god and the gunman walks into an elementary school and shoots little children. What would that be like?

If the world doesn't look any different without god, then why do we as a society continue to pretend?

Flame me all you want. I'm just sick of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 09:44AM

Idiots like Mike Huckabee would have to come up with a different angle to base their stupid comments on.

Ron Burr

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 02:44PM

If there were no god ? Huh ?

Posted by: gundog69 ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 04:35PM

With all that I have seen in the 28 years in my chosen profession, I know that there is no God. If there was why would he let innocent child be killed at the hands of evil. I believe that there is good and evil. God is needed by the weak of mind, (not stupid). Weak minded people must believe that there is something or someone at the end because they cannot except that once we are in the ground it is over. God will help you find your car keys but not save children? I can't wait for the first idiot to make the comment, "God must have need a children's choir."

Posted by: gundog69 ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 04:37PM

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 04:41PM

This is the result of applying everyday, common logic to the idea of a god. It really is common sense, and the only reason people believe is that it was pounded into their little soft heads as children.

It is the appeal that we should never grow up, never stop believing in an imaginary friend.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.