Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: karin ( )
Date: December 16, 2012 07:18PM

while i was typing out my answer, Carol started a new thread too,so i just added my story to her thread instead.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2012 07:59PM by karin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: December 17, 2012 08:41AM

I, too, missed the window, but I had a response to shannon's question, "What's it like to be an introvert and so painfully shy..."

Perhaps this was cleared up in the original thread. But I am not shy. I'm not even reserved, normally. I am an introvert. I love being social and I love hanging out with people. But. I find it exhausting. It sucks every last bit of energy out of me, even if I'm having a great time and love the people I'm with. So I need down time, alone, after social events. Take a road trip with somebody? By the end, I want to unplug my phone and computer, lock my doors, pull my blinds, and speak to nobody for a few days. Extroverts would go crazy without a social life. I would go crazy without weekly Me time.

Shyness, IMO, is a whole other critter. I'm not the least bit shy and can have a conversation with anyone and find all people fascinating, beautiful, and interesting.

The difference between introversion and shyness has already been discussed, hasn't it? :>)

Posted by: kwm ( )
Date: December 18, 2012 10:04PM

Me too...if I am around people it is really draining. I flipped through a good book on introverts having certain advantages in society though too.

Posted by: intro ( )
Date: December 18, 2012 10:24PM

Do you remember the book name? The one talking about introverts. Does anyone know a good book dealing with being one?

Posted by: Cathy ( )
Date: December 19, 2012 12:08AM

I do.

Living Introverted by Leann Lambert
Party of One by Annilie something-or-other
The Happy Introvert

There's more - I'll check my bookshelf tomorrow.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.